Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

15 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

1 year deal? Yes. But we need to be drafting a Guard in the first 3 rounds.

Oh, I was thinking of that from an and perspective, but you may be right that Brice would think of it from a "well, my job here is done "

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

@woz or whoever.

How did Dix play for you guys?  Packers fans seem to universally think he was a bum.

He played "eh."

We're not sure if that's due to his talent, him coming in midseason and trying to come up to speed, him coming in midseason and trying to avoid getting hurt before free agency, or just general suckiness of the defense and/or the defensive coaching staff.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

He played "eh."

We're not sure if that's due to his talent, him coming in midseason and trying to come up to speed, him coming in midseason and trying to avoid getting hurt before free agency, or just general suckiness of the defense and/or the defensive coaching staff.

Thanks.  I guess it says something that they want him back, but then again they haven't made best decisions of late.

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Or they simply have no intentions of bringing either back so what’s the point? That would be my best guess but who knows lol

Bingo! It’s pretty clear that they have a better version of Kelley w/ Perine and he’s already under contract. They liked what they saw out of Cam Simms & Trey Quinn last preseason and for a few regular games with Quinn and they feel they can replace Harris. I bet they draft a WR at some point too, even if it’s not early.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Thanks.  I guess it says something that they want him back, but then again they haven't made best decisions of late.

Again, it's unclear if the fault laid with him, them, or just bad luck. I'm not against them bringing him back, but I'm not super psyched about it either. If he can sign somewhere else and net Washington a 7th round compensatory pick, okay then.

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

1 year deal? Yes. But we need to be drafting a Guard in the first 3 rounds.

Personally, I’d rather re-sign Cooper who played ok for us after we acquired him bc of all the injuries and as you said, draft a OG w/in the first 3 rounds who may be able to start over Cooper.

Sitton is going to be 33 in June. I believe he was on 3 teams in 3 years the last 3 seasons. The dolphins didn’t have a good OL last year. They gave him a 2-year deal worth $13.5 million and cut him after one season. Last year he made $6.5 mil and this year he was supposed to make $7 million.

I don’t think he’s worth the money or the Dolphins would’ve kept him. I also doubt he wants to take a huge pay cut to keep playing, but that’s just a guess. 

I don’t know, to me, either way you slice it I’d rather sign a younger FA OG and draft an OG rather than pay for a soon to be 33-year old has been.

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Personally, I’d rather re-sign Cooper who played ok for us after we acquired him bc of all the injuries and as you said, draft a OG w/in the first 3 rounds who may be able to start over Cooper.

Sitton is going to be 33 in June. I believe he was on 3 teams in 3 years the last 3 seasons. The dolphins didn’t have a good OL last year. They gave him a 2-year deal worth $13.5 million and cut him after one season. Last year he made $6.5 mil and this year he was supposed to make $7 million.

I don’t think he’s worth the money or the Dolphins would’ve kept him. I also doubt he wants to take a huge pay cut to keep playing, but that’s just a guess. 

I don’t know, to me, either way you slice it I’d rather sign a younger FA OG and draft an OG rather than pay for a soon to be 33-year old has been.

I'm okay with your options as well Turtle. We just generally seem to make one (or no) move at that position per offseason. So if it' the only move we made and it's one year for a reasonable amount while we get our shiny new drafted guard acclimated? I'm okay with it. But Cooper is a good choice and I think a lot of us were on board with him.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm okay with your options as well Turtle. We just generally seem to make one (or no) move at that position per offseason. So if it' the only move we made and it's one year for a reasonable amount while we get our shiny new drafted guard acclimated? I'm okay with it. But Cooper is a good choice and I think a lot of us were on board with him.

I could roll with Cooper as well. But the "one move per offsesason" thought process? DUMBDUMBDUMB!

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Haha signed with Bears.  Nice trade Brice.  

What do you mean? Trading a 2019 4th for a possible 2020 6th/7th? How isn't that a great deal?!

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Again, it's unclear if the fault laid with him, them, or just bad luck. I'm not against them bringing him back, but I'm not super psyched about it either. If he can sign somewhere else and net Washington a 7th round compensatory pick, okay then.

One year $3 mill..That gets us a ham sandwich/ w/ a pickle,,and chips ??

Just now, RSkinGM said:

One year $3 mill..That gets us a ham sandwich/ w/ a pickle,,and chips ??

2020 7th most likely. Provided they don't offset it with a different signing.

Archived