Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

The main thing I'm curious about is the QB position. I like Teddy Bridgewater and based on how I see we try to protect the ball he would be a good fit. Money shouldn't be to crazy. 2 year deal with an out after 1 if it doesn't work out. If we stink we will be in decent position to draft QB high next season, if it works we could sign him long term when Smith contract isn't killing our cap anymore. It's all hypothetical but interesting.

If you only had two choices: 

A: sign Teddy to a team friendly deal

Or

B: Give up a first round pick for Rosen

What do you think we should do? If it's me I would be in on Teddy all day

The Tech offense has had bigger QB's so all this talk that Murray fits his offense just doesn't make a lot of sense. But keep in mind Kingsbury did bench Baker Mayfield after he was injured and didn't let him get a chance to compete and started a scrub when he was healthy which results in him transferring to OK. So maybe he is dumb enough to pick a 5-9 inch QB, but Im thinking they are trying to drive the price up for 1 and trade back and will keep Rosen

13 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

If you only had two choices: 

A: sign Teddy to a team friendly deal

Or

B: Give up a first round pick for Rosen

What do you think we should do? If it's me I would be in on Teddy all day

If it's a first for Rosen, I'm signing Teddy. If it's a third for Rosen, Josh is now going to be in Burgundy & Gold. If it's a second ... I'd have to think long and hard about that one.

19 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

you know who was rumored to love Rosen? Belichick. I'd hate to get beaten out for him by the Pats. a number 2 is probably not too steep a price if the Cards really want to trade him. 

I didn't say I would pass on Rosen for a 2nd, just that I would have to think about it long and hard.

Again, while they need a QB, it's not the only need.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

If it's a first for Rosen, I'm signing Teddy. If it's a third for Rosen, Josh is now going to be in Burgundy & Gold. If it's a second ... I'd have to think long and hard about that one.

We will probably just draft another Ryan Anderson.  If they need a 2nd Id say do it.

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We will probably just draft another Ryan Anderson.  If they need a 2nd Id say do it.

Now that's not fair.

I mean, they used a second on Derrius Guice last year ... sure, we have no idea how good he is at the professional level, or if he'll be the guy he was in college after the ACL tear, but it's not all bad!

Also, there was Su'a Cravens ... okay, bad example ...
Preston Smith ... wait ...
Trent Murphy ... umm ...
David Amerson? ... no ...
(traded away 2012's 2nd for Griffin)
Jarvis Jenkins? ...  hang on ...
(no 2nds in 2010 and 2009)

They did have three 2nds in 2008 and got ... Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly ... oh boy ...

(nothing in 2007) ... Rocky McIntosh ... (nothing 2005 or 2004) ... Taylor Jacobs (eeep) ...

Okay, HERE we go:
2002 - Ladell Betts
2001 - Fred Smoot
1999 - Jon Jansen

SEE?! They can get value. Just because I had to go back nearly twenty years to find even halfway decent players is no reason to say they'd waste their second round pick if they kept it!!

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Now that's not fair.

I mean, they used a second on Derrius Guice last year ... sure, we have no idea how good he is at the professional level, or if he'll be the guy he was in college after the ACL tear, but it's not all bad!

Trent Murphy ... umm ...

They did have three 2nds in 2008 and got ... Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly ... oh boy ...

(nothing in 2007) ... Rocky McIntosh ... (nothing 2005 or 2004) ... Taylor Jacobs (eeep) ...

Okay, HERE we go:
2002 - Ladell Betts
2001 - Fred Smoot
1999 - Jon Jansen

SEE?! They can get value. Just because I had to go back nearly twenty years to find even halfway decent players is no reason to say they'd waste their second round pick if they kept it!!

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Woz said:

I would be down for a second rounder, but only because the Cardinals end up paying his signing bonus and we get him for a super-cheap contract.  Looking at the numbers, it's absolutely ridiculous that the Cardinals would even think about trading Rosen with the money they would eat, when they just spent a top 10 overall pick on the guy.  I know it's a new regime, but a top 10 talent in the draft we just had deserves a chance moreso than anyone in the draft this year.  I think it's all a smokescreen from the Cardinals personally.  

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Now that's not fair.

Trent Murphy ... umm ...

Okay, HERE we go:
2002 - Ladell Betts
2001 - Fred Smoot
1999 - Jon Jansen

The Joe Gibbs 2.0 era where we gave away draft picks like skittles.  Didn't we only have three picks the year we drafted Dockery?  And of course, the 2nds we gave away for McNabb.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Joe Gibbs 2.0 era where we gave away draft picks like skittles.  Didn't we only have three picks the year we drafted Dockery?  And of course, the 2nds we gave away for McNabb.  

Pretty sure we drafted Dockery when Spurrier was here. Gibbs traded a few picks away when he arrived (Brunell and Portia), but you’ve got to give him credit for hitting Sean Taylor and Chris Cooley with his first two picks.

I’m going with the assumption that they will go all in for Landon Collins and then not do much else after. I’ll also assume that we will only have one third by the time the draft rolls around with the other dealt for Rosen who I still think gets dealt here. 

Apparently the team is in love with Hollywood Brown so I believe he will be the pick at 15 or they will try to move down a bit and get him. I think our second rounder is spent on a guard. They know they have to do something to get the fans back in the stadium and Keenum plus a boring off-season is not going to accomplish that. 

I should’ve clarified my original comment as I don’t expect them to do much in free agency after signing Collins. I do think there will be trades and big name rookies. 

Archived