Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

19 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Three positions I would not be sad if we double down on in the draft?

WR

G

EDGE

Only concern I have with the EDGE option is that after the first round, the talent pool gets thing, and likely after the second round, the talent pool is non-existent. Since they're rumored to be giving up the 2nd for Rosen, I'm not sure that doubling at that position makes sense. Now, if they're able to use the JMU kid as their "doubler," then it might work out.

WR makes a ton of sense and I'm always down with more beef up front. I might prefer a G/T kind of kid as the "double" just as a hedge (or a C/G).

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Only concern I have with the EDGE option is that after the first round, the talent pool gets thing, and likely after the second round, the talent pool is non-existent. Since they're rumored to be giving up the 2nd for Rosen, I'm not sure that doubling at that position makes sense. Now, if they're able to use the JMU kid as their "doubler," then it might work out.

WR makes a ton of sense and I'm always down with more beef up front. I might prefer a G/T kind of kid as the "double" just as a hedge (or a C/G).

Yeah. If they keep Ankrah and get an EDGE in Rd1 and then we double up on WR and G/OT in the draft. It will be a decent one for me. Those positions need serious help.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Of course, we COULD then trade back in the 1st and pick up a 2nd rounder. Which would allow us to go EDGE, WR (or vice versa) in rounds 1 and 2. And then G/OT and WR  in round 3. Then add another G/OT in round 5

55 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Of course, we COULD then trade back in the 1st and pick up a 2nd rounder. Which would allow us to go EDGE, WR (or vice versa) in rounds 1 and 2. And then G/OT and WR  in round 3. Then add another G/OT in round 5

I think if we trade back, EDGE is likely off the table. More and more, it looks like there's going to be an early run on defensive players.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Tre Boston frustrated he's still a free agent

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/06/tre-boston-frustrated-hes-still-a-free-agent/ via @ProFootballTalk

Redskins really need to sign him, Eric Berry, Mike Mitchell or Darian Stewart if they don’t draft a FS prospect high in the draft.

Had they signed Burton instead of the retread-player-formerly-known-as-DRC, I wouldn't be as upset about burning the compensatory pick.

Do not understand this.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Had they signed Burton instead of the retread-player-formerly-known-as-DRC, I wouldn't be as upset about burning the compensatory pick.

Do not understand this.

Boston must be a pain in the *** to deal with because he’s a damn good player and can’t stick anywhere. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Boston must be a pain in the *** to deal with because he’s a damn good player and can’t stick anywhere. 

Even so, I'd rather take a guy who is 27 (?) and still looking for a job than a 33 year old who quit on his team and essentially was coaxed out of retirement for one last paycheck.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Even so, I'd rather take a guy who is 27 (?) and still looking for a job than a 33 year old who quit on his team and essentially was coaxed out of retirement for one last paycheck.

I’m agreeing with you. I can’t believe we wasted cap space on DRC. Just saying, teams continue to pass on Boston for a reason. 

Archived