Bears vs Titans - GDT - Preseason week 3

CBears019

On 8/29/2017 at 5:59 PM, GOGRIESE said:

Anybody see that Fox is trying to pull a Fisher? Trubisky is playing in the 4th game. Also looks like he may be inactive atleast to start off with. 

Read that all of the first round QBs who didn't start week 1 since 2006 have played in the 4th preseason game. I'll be surprised if he plays a lot though. 

On 8/29/2017 at 0:06 PM, WindyCity said:

Agreed that Meredith was going to have to take a step.

But the Bears went from thin to razor thin at WR and I am not excited about watching Trubisky throw, in live action, to a thin and not very talented WR group.

I really think the Bears need to do something at the position. As much as I like the TE depth and what Cohen can provide I do not think it can totally compensate for a lack of weapons on the outside and stretching the field. I look at Carson Wentz who has Sproles and talented TEs in Philadelphia and still had struggles because his WR core could not do anything to assist him.

FWIW if Trubisky played all year and it went how Wentz's season went last year I wouldn't be upset with that. I'd want to add weapons for sure in 2018, but there'd be growth in that and a lot of validated optimism IMO for the future. 

The resounding theme I see in the "I don't want Mitch to play yet" crowdI is that people are afraid for him to fail. Whether he plays this year, next year or in 2019 we're never going to get to the point of a perfect situation. It's salary cap football. We can't be afraid for him to not be successful. He's here, and this is our situation into which he's come into the league. It is what it is. Instead of forcing someone else's success timeline upon him and try to make him the "next _______" I would much rather we let him just be Mitch Trubisky and take the good with the bad no matter where that leads. If he's great we are wasting that greatness or at least delaying the benefits of it, and if he sucks we are delaying being able to move on from him. We learn almost nothing with him holding a clipboard, and neither will he.

This team with what looks like a really solid defense has a chance to surprise, and that might hinge upon Trubisky being good earlier than expected. If that's the case then by playing Glennon, who has shown nothing that says he's capable of being a difference maker, then we are wasting a season. We may have just a remote shot at relevance with Trubisky in 2017, but I'm very comfortable saying we have no shot behind Glennon. 

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW if Trubisky played all year and it went how Wentz's season went last year I wouldn't be upset with that. I'd want to add weapons for sure in 2018, but there'd be growth in that and a lot of validated optimism IMO for the future. 

The resounding theme I see in the "I don't want Mitch to play yet" crowdI is that people are afraid for him to fail. Whether he plays this year, next year or in 2019 we're never going to get to the point of a perfect situation. It's salary cap football. We can't be afraid for him to not be successful. He's here, and this is our situation into which he's come into the league. It is what it is. Instead of forcing someone else's success timeline upon him and try to make him the "next _______" I would much rather we let him just be Mitch Trubisky and take the good with the bad no matter where that leads. If he's great we are wasting that greatness or at least delaying the benefits of it, and if he sucks we are delaying being able to move on from him. We learn almost nothing with him holding a clipboard, and neither will he.

This team with what looks like a really solid defense has a chance to surprise, and that might hinge upon Trubisky being good earlier than expected. If that's the case then by playing Glennon, who has shown nothing that says he's capable of being a difference maker, then we are wasting a season. We may have just a remote shot at relevance with Trubisky in 2017, but I'm very comfortable saying we have no shot behind Glennon. 

I just want him throwing to professional WRs, who are running professional routes and who can catch passes.

I think absent that you could see some bad habits or regression happening.

Right now there are injury concerns and production concerns. I don't want Trubisky throwing to Bellamy while trying to survive the Vikings defense.

Archived