Free Agency

Johnny Nix

4 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Agreed. I would be shocked if we actually landed him. 

Yeah, but I still hope we do. We are in desperate need of a another interior pass rusher. I don't think there's another player on the roster who can reliably play effective snaps alongside Geno in the nickel. That's a ton of of potentially ineffective snaps at arguably any teams most important unit.

If we can't rush the passer we're going to be in for a bad time. 

McCoy sounds like a great idea in theory.  I'm not concerned about the dollars, but i'm curious what length he's looking for.  Because at 31 years old, he probably only has another 2 years at most of real effective play.  Then it fades fast.

PFT had a piece saying 10 teams had contacted McCoy with one offering 11 mil. I'm confident the Bengals aren't the high bidder.

It seems odd for there to be so much interest in McCoy. I think Suh is a better player and he got 9 mil. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

PFT had a piece saying 10 teams had contacted McCoy with one offering 11 mil. I'm confident the Bengals aren't the high bidder.

It seems odd for there to be so much interest in McCoy. I think Suh is a better player and he got 9 mil. 

It’s not always about being better. Character and getting along with others play a huge role just like in any other job 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

McCoy's agent is doing a good job is what that mainly is.  There's probably about 3-4 teams with legitimate interest.  Meaning 3-4 teams willing to pay in the $8M-$10M+ range he's looking for, and 5-6 other teams (like the Bengals) who are interested if he's willing to come down to $6M/year...

• 2 weeks later...