Free Agency

Johnny Nix

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Day 9 into Free Agency is when the headlines will start "Free Agent X is visiting the Bengals..."

Which LB will still be available at that point, and what injury is he coming off of?

And what team does he really want to sign for while he uses a visit with us to drive up his price?

• Like 1

I was just trying to look up Hart's new contract. Hoping it was structured so the bulk of the pay was in year three, like in case we still had no one else then so he'd take more, but that he was very cheap and cuttable next year or even this...

I see he's 24 which was a little surprising. It feels like he's squeezed three or four years of mediocrity into his time here.

• Like 1

I get the Redmond thing.  But $6 mill per for Uzomah is pretty stupid.  And $7 mil per for Hart is  beyond insane.  I was hoping that Shefter transposed the numbers in TWELVE million, but after the CJ Uzo thing, I guess not.  I suppose Brown overspent because he doesn't want to sign outside FAs.

I would have liked to see coach Taylor stand up and stop obvious stupidity like paying Bobby Hart 7 mil per year to be a liability. Somebody has to be able to say "No" to Mike Brown. Tobin seems like he's smart enough to know Hart isn't a priority to re-sign and isn't worth big bucks.