Everything trades (Rumors and possibilities).

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

So as many here believe we win a trade for the first time in a long time, I am not one of those people, and then turn around and say it is okay to get screwed on this trade because it is really just Cooper for Brown.  I would not have done that last year.  Brown's production is about to nosedive in the next couple years and Cooper is clearly pointing upwards.

You have to also compare the fact Brown is locked up for another 3 years whereas Cooper is about to be a FA. Also I think Brown's game will transition well as he starts to "decline". Even in to his mid 30's he will still be a lethal slot guy at worst. His route running, hands, football IQ, etc will age well imo.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

You have to also compare the fact Brown is locked up for another 3 years whereas Cooper is about to be a FA. Also I think Brown's game will transition well as he starts to "decline". Even in to his mid 30's he will still be a lethal slot guy at worst. His route running, hands, football IQ, etc will age well imo.

Not to mention Brown's decline is still better than Cooper at what will be a lower salary than Cooper is going to get.

People get that selective memory that Cooper was insanely inconsistent in his time here and never was on Brown's level, who is the epitome of consistent production. 10 games of Cooper being force fed the ball in typical "Jerruh's new toy" style somehow has people second guessing.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know a lot of people around here would hate to admit it but Big Ben made AB and LeVeon better.  Carr will not and AB is an idiot and is proving it every time he talks.  Gruden and AB will not mesh will.

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Not to mention Brown's decline is still better than Cooper at what will be a lower salary than Cooper is going to get.

People get that selective memory that Cooper was insanely inconsistent in his time here and never was on Brown's level, who is the epitome of consistent production. 10 games of Cooper being force fed the ball in typical "Jerruh's new toy" style somehow has people second guessing.

Brown's success and Copper's inconsistency has more to do with QBs than it does their skills.  Cooper is a better player next year if AB is on the Raiders.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like you guys are the only team interested and aren't offering what the Steelers want. I believe Steelers are trying to get you guys to bid against yourselves. 

Probably.  If Reggie McKenzie was still here it would have worked.  I do not know if it does with Gruden and Mayock.  We shall see.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well getting Brown at least points to us keeping Carr. Getting Brown and drafting a QB makes no sense. Brown has 2-3 years of elite production left and a rookie QB would take a year to develop. 

I would stop watching the Raiders for a couple years if they did that.  Would be like watching the Lakers after Dr Buss died.  I still do not watch basketball.

14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I know a lot of people around here would hate to admit it but Big Ben made AB and LeVeon better.  Carr will not and AB is an idiot and is proving it every time he talks.  Gruden and AB will not mesh will.

Ab and Derek won’t mesh. Ab will Latrell sprewell carr is he doesn’t throw at him 150 times a year. 

Interesting take on Antonio Brown market from a league source, as of early this morning (in their opinion): "one team race...I think the other teams decided the price was too high."

From Josina Anderson

Just have to pray that the Raiders are smart about this

I don’t think Gruden and Mayock are gonna get played in a trade. They aren’t McKenzie. If McKenzie was a used car salesman, he’d be fired the next week for too many deals given out. Gruden just has that slimy used car salesman look to him and will do his best to wreck the consumer. 

27 wouldn’t shock me. Pick 4 is not in play though.

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Brown's success and Copper's inconsistency has more to do with QBs than it does their skills.  Cooper is a better player next year if AB is on the Raiders.

I disagree, but either way is irrelevant. How Cooper does on another team shouldn't matter to us now that our compensation for him was solidified. What matters is how Brown (assuming he's a Raider) does for us and the debate should/could be how he does versus how Cooper did/would have done.

I think Brown is an excellent fit skill-wise. If it was just skill, this would be a no-brainer. The antics are what worry people, time will tell if Gruden/Carr/Brown can make that work.

As mentioned I think Carr has nothing to lose by getting AB because if it gets bad it likely means our team sucks again and that would mean Carr was a goner anyway. He wants weapons and the chance to build chemistry to gain back his franchise QB status on this team (because make no mistake--it is in question, even if a rookie QB isnt drafted this year). If he ignores Brown like he did with Cooper at times, it's going to turn sour quick. Gruden needs to help ensure that doesn't happen. 

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ab and Derek won’t mesh. Ab will Latrell sprewell carr is he doesn’t throw at him 150 times a year. 

Which Carr has never thrown more than 146 passes to a single WR.  Most targets in the past 2 years is 101.

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think Gruden and Mayock are gonna get played in a trade. They aren’t McKenzie. If McKenzie was a used car salesman, he’d be fired the next week for too many deals given out. Gruden just has that slimy used car salesman look to him and will do his best to wreck the consumer. 

27 wouldn’t shock me. Pick 4 is not in play though.

Rather draft a wr 

Archived