Everything trades (Rumors and possibilities).

RaidersAreOne

Fact is we have absolutely no idea what Mayock and Gruden will do. There’s not history of them in this situation. It could be worse than Reg, could be better. Nobody knows. 

I hope we stay far away from Brown but we have to be prepared for pretty much anything at this point. It’s a scary (and exciting) time to be a Raider fan. 

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think people are forgetting how freaking good Brown is. I'm not banging the table for him at all, but would understand the move if the compensation isn't crazy. Most will come to love having AB on our team in no time.

Agreed. AB is gonna go down as the 2nd best WR of all time when it’s all said and done. I’d easily take him over Moss and Owens. 

I'm totally fine with AB for #35 and wouldn't be that upset with #27, provided that we feel comfortable with him personality-wise. He's the best WR in the NFL right now and with his work ethic and style of play I think he could have a Larry Fitz/Jerry Rice level of longetivity.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Ben Allbright who I have followed for a couple years has been saying Gruden wants Murray,Bell and Brown. 

Yep mentioned that tweet/report yesterday. Clearly we are in on AB, clearly we are at least interested in Murray, it's the Bell piece that's a little strange. Not sure how the hell we would pull that off, but you can bet our draft capital all but vanishes. We should want no part of Murray based on price alone.

I like the idea of getting Antonio Brown.
In 2015 when Ben Roethlisberger missed weeks 13-17 Brown posted the following stats:
7 REC 87 Yards
16 REC 189 Yards 2 TD
7 REC 61 Yards
13 REC 187 Yards 1 TD

He missed week 15 in 2016 Brown went 10 REC 96 Yards 1 TD

His production hasn't tappered he missed the ends of seasons and still has 1200-1500 yards. He is absolutely elite and would alter the Raiders offense in a big way and there is no way to get a rookie with Browns impact. You can also get a rookie and a pair them with Brown as well. Browns complaint is he has had all the success he needs to vindicate he is one of the best ever, and wants to be on a team that values him, treats him with respect and wants a relationship beyond just a professional one. Carr develops close relationships. Gruden values and feeds talented veteran WRs. Brown is a 1200 yard WR without Roethlisberger fairly easily. Being a flashy superstar Las Vegas seems like a city made for Antonio Brown, like the helicopter and Rolls Royce antics. I don't feel like Brown is an issue as long as we do what we should if we acquire him which is feature him. Can't have that nonsense we did with Cooper where he just isn't schemed into the gameplan. I trust Carr would develop a relationship  with Brown that Brown wants and there is no way Mark Davis wouldn't try and be his friend as weird as people say he is he would go to Hooters with Marcel Reece which is significantly different than the owner doesnt have a relationship with me other than pay me that Brown had with the Rooney family.

Archived