Rumor: teams interested in Duke Johnson

Kiwibrown

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

11th once Bell signs. 

Sorry misspoke....it was currently 10th without bell so correct. I still see that as the main reason a day 3 pick gets it done. His talent says day 2 but top 10 contract hurts the value a lil

20 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

Sorry misspoke....it was currently 10th without bell so correct. I still see that as the main reason a day 3 pick gets it done. His talent says day 2 but top 10 contract hurts the value a lil

I think a broader view should be taken with Duke. 

3rd down back and a slot receiver.

Depending on compensation, and if Ingram signs elsewhere, Saints could use a RB with his versatility. His current contract is right about where I believe they'd like to pay Ingram, but Ingram may be wanting more and not willing to give a home town discount.

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Depending on compensation, and if Ingram signs elsewhere, Saints could use a RB with his versatility. His current contract is right about where I believe they'd like to pay Ingram, but Ingram may be wanting more and not willing to give a home town discount.

2 back set with him and AK would be nasty

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Duke has given his twitter the josh rosen treatment, no browns stuff on and it and he is not freinds with Baker or njoku.

Must have gotten hacked too...

Would like to see Duke and the Brownies work things out.  Hunt won't be around much of the season anyways, likely.  Short and long-term are both question marks there.  I don't see the value in trading Duke.  A mid-round pick doesn't replace what they have in the guy.  It would almost have to be a player-for-player type deal to make any sense.  Even so, I'd like for him to stay. 

For whatever reason he’s been criminally underused by the Browns.

Give him a little blocking, he’ll provide good production on the ground. He’s also a complete mismatch for Lber’s in the passing game.

He should have had twice as many touches as he did last year imo.

Maybe a player for player trade? Honestly, it's one of those situations where he's worth more to us than a mid-round pick, but I doubt a team would be willing to give up anything significant for him. Maybe a third at most. I mean, Hunt will miss a significant part of the season and likely won't be a long-term option for us, so it seems silly to trade Duke. Unless Duke himself requested a trade, then fair enough if he doesn't want to be here.

41 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Maybe a player for player trade? Honestly, it's one of those situations where he's worth more to us than a mid-round pick, but I doubt a team would be willing to give up anything significant for him. Maybe a third at most. I mean, Hunt will miss a significant part of the season and likely won't be a long-term option for us, so it seems silly to trade Duke. Unless Duke himself requested a trade, then fair enough if he doesn't want to be here.

Wouldn't mind a Peyton Barber for Duke trade.  Gives you a decent 2 until Hunt comes back and Duke can play in an Arians offense as a 1

Archived