2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Difference is that Clowney and Ford are more comparable than AB and OBJ. 

If anything, AB is the superior player. Logic dictates he should have went for much more. 

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Of course, I didn't see that was Bob. I don't trust anything from that guy.

I'm hearing a lot of chatter locally...

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If anything, AB is the superior player. Logic dictates he should have went for much more. 

I'm hearing a lot of chatter locally...

ET, how old is AB? How old is OBJ? Did AB look like his game potentially had declined a tad last year?

57 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

ET, how old is AB? How old is OBJ? 

Which of these two have been more productive over the past two seasons? Which of the two has lesser on-field concerns in terms of temperament, behavior? Which of the two have been healthier?

59 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Did AB look like his game potentially had declined a tad last year?

I put that more on the emergence of Juju Smith Schuster. AB didn't look like he declined a bit, he was more impacted by another top tier WR getting targets.

Out of the corners out there, he may actually have the most talent (though hard to say how much of that is left), but man that injury history is crazy. Still, I like it from a risk / reward standpoint. Doubt it would be much of a contract. We've been dipping our toes in the corner market, but don't appear to really want to go after the big boys, so this would make a lot of sense. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

What are the Giants doing lol

It's an original round tender.

57 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Which of these two have been more productive over the past two seasons? Which of the two has lesser on-field concerns in terms of temperament, behavior? Which of the two have been healthier?

I put that more on the emergence of Juju Smith Schuster. AB didn't look like he declined a bit, he was more impacted by another top tier WR getting targets.

ET, you and I both know that a 26 year old elite WR is more valuable than a soon-to-be 31 year old elite WR. Both have major diva concerns. And yes, AB seemed to take a small step back last year.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

ET, you and I both know that a 26 year old elite WR is more valuable than a soon-to-be 31 year old elite WR.

Not if the 26 year old WR has injury concerns (even before the broken leg, Beckham had hamstring issues his rookie season). 

Even if the age is slated towards Beckham, that shouldn't dictate that BIG of a disparity between those two trades. The highest pick in the Brown trade is equal to the lowest pick in the Beckham trade, and the Beckham trade also included a fairly consistent player with upside. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Not if the 26 year old WR has injury concerns (even before the broken leg, Beckham had hamstring issues his rookie season). 

Even if the age is slated towards Beckham, that shouldn't dictate that BIG of a disparity between those two trades. The highest pick in the Brown trade is equal to the lowest pick in the Beckham trade, and the Beckham trade also included a fairly consistent player with upside. 

That's because Brown purposefully tanked his value and refused to play for certain franchises. Randy Moss was traded for a 4th for a similar reason.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Waynes is a solid player. If MN wants to do anything else this offseason, they may need to move on to open up long term cap space. I expect Waynes to get a top 5 CB contract if he hits the open market with how things are heading. It's hard to move on from good CBs but it's tempting given that MN has two promising second year players in Hill and Hughes.

2nd round pick would be good.

Archived