2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It would be a terrible fit for numerous reasons:

1. Bell isn't a downhill runner

2. Bell wants to be massively overpaid with a lot of guarantees

3. We have so many other needs.

We need offensive playmakers so much more than anything else. I don't really care if we have to pay to price of 2-3 mediocre starters to get 1.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

It's possible, but the NFL ops doesn't specify the exact time, so I'm assuming midnight. The expiring contracts of pending UFAs expire at 4pm on Wed, but no other specific times are noted. Since there is no time listed for when legal tampering begins, I'm assuming the start of the day at midnight. This is what ops says: 

March 11-13 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2018 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 13.

Pretty sure it's 4 PM EST...

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty sure it's 4 PM EST...

Actually, the legal tampering period is supposed to be Noon EST Monday through 4PM EST Wednesday (part of the 2016 rule change that shortened the period by one day). After last year though...

1 minute ago, typecast said:

Actually, the legal tampering period is supposed to be Noon EST Monday through 4PM EST Wednesday (part of the 2016 rule change that shortened the period by one day). After last year though...

The problem is that previous year's contracts don't expire until 4 PM, so legally you can't commit to something when you're still under contract.  Now whether or not the NFL legally enforces it is a totally different discussion.

4 hours ago, BZski said:

Not to mention the reports that he is at 260lbs right now! That is fat Eddie Lacy territory!

Serious question,  if those rumors  were true don't you think TMZ or some other hack Company  would be out there trying to take pictures to promote sales, click bait ect...?

On 3/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, BStanRamFan said:

This early in his career, he should take the money. BUT it's also comparing your options. The Rams may say, we will offer your 1yr $14million dollar prove it deal and if it pans out we will sign you long term. vs the Jets who will say we're going to give you 4yr $16mill a year with $40mill guaranteed or something along those lines.

Does the allure of LA market and potentially winning a ring make it worth betting on yourself or just taking the guarantee? 9/10 they still take the money and that's likely what will happen.

Nail on the head :D

I wish we were in the mix for Barr, but there is probably like a 1% chance of it happening. Oh well. 

My guess from what I've heard is Mathieu stays with Houston. Mutual interest is there, which is as good of an indication as any. I'm sure Bell would love to stick it to the Steelers, but I think the most money will be from the Jets or Raiders, so he ends up going there.

How are the Colts not in the mix for all of these big name players? They've got a really good coaching staff, made the playoffs last year, and have an enormous amount of cap space. I'd be trying to sign everyone and make a run. They should be in the mix for Landon Collins, Leveon Bell, Golden Tate, Trey Flowers, everyone. 

Archived