2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

Just now, Forge said:

He was never thought to be a back up right tackle. If people thought that, they never watched the niners play. Niners fans have been speaking highly of him for years with regards to his play on the field. Nobody pays attention to the right tackle on the worst team in football though. The Patriots just made him high profile. 

Fine. 66 million to a guy whose team a year ago drafted his replacement (at right tackle), who was traded to a team during the draft that spent a first round pick on a tackle and had an established right tackle. He was certainly not seen as one of the premier left tackles in football or a left tackle at all. 

1 minute ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Fine. 66 million to a guy whose team a year ago drafted his replacement (at right tackle), who was traded to a team during the draft that spent a first round pick on a tackle and had an established right tackle. He was certainly not seen as one of the premier left tackles in football or a left tackle at all. 

That is correct lol. 

He's not great, but he's an above average pass protecting tackle on the right side, below average run blocker. That's not a great contract and unlikely to age well, I agree there. 

Man it seems the Falcons have showed interest in JR Sweezy i can only pray we don't go after that bum.  He has been garbage from day 1 i don't see how he keeps fooling teams so much.  We have also been linked to spain who i think is a much better OL and would be pretty happy picking him up i think.

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Man it seems the Falcons have showed interest in JR Sweezy i can only pray we don't go after that bum.  He has been garbage from day 1 i don't see how he keeps fooling teams so much.  We have also been linked to spain who i think is a much better OL and would be pretty happy picking him up i think.

yeah but have you considered that his last name is Sweezy?

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's no way this happens with the current Safety FA market, right?

I said I'd give him 4/60. Assuming the first two years essentially guaranteed, basically the same thing. I have no problem with two years 30 outside of the fact that the niners haven't signed him yet

Archived