Jump to content

2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bell to the Pats done yet?

Shut your mouth. Just...SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm wondering is it's something like Oakland / Jets offering more money, and a team like the niners offering less shut he maybe prefers it more? Complete guessing on my part, of course

I have to think that if a CFL team offered Bell a $100mm fully guaranteed deal, he'd be moving up North. It's all about money for him, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Shut your mouth. Just...SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

I have to think that if a CFL team offered Bell a $100mm fully guaranteed deal, he'd be moving up North. It's all about money for him, IMO.

It wouldn’t be a tough decision if it was all about money. He’d waste away on the Jets most likely while the Niners can make some noise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I have to think that if a CFL team offered Bell a $100mm fully guaranteed deal, he'd be moving up North. It's all about money for him, IMO.

I hope this happens, if only because I want to hear him in interviews saying "aboot". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BayRaider said:

It wouldn’t be a tough decision if it was all about money. He’d waste away on the Jets most likely while the Niners can make some noise. 

Meh. I think it's a tough decision because his people (agent, financial analyst, publicist) are analyzing where his earning potential is with wherever he goes. Both NY and CA pose challenges in cost of living, taxes, etc - but both are really good spots for Bell to promote his brand to a wider audience.

There are decisions to be made - none of them football related.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forge said:

You think you guys are going to be in on ET now @ET80

I think it's Kareem Jackson - seems like the Texans are on a budget for each position, and they're not going to bend for anyone.

Oh well. Is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I think it's Kareem Jackson - seems like the Texans are on a budget for each position, and they're not going to bend for anyone.

Oh well. Is what it is.

I was wondering if that was something that was up - the budget. You guys have tons of space, obviously, but seemed like they may have had a very specific price point in mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was wondering if that was something that was up - the budget. You guys have tons of space, obviously, but seemed like they may have had a very specific price point in mind. 

Better or worse, it's how Brian Gaine is going to do business. We've seen them stay out of the Andrew Norwell sweeps last off-season, stayed away from Trumaine Johnson and Malcolm Butler - was jockeying for Nate Solder, but quickly walked away when the Giants went big, salary wise. Gaine is really sticking tight to a plan, both personnel wise and financially.

At the least, there's little reason to not sign Jadevion Clowney before players are committed to playing on the tag for this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really curious where Bell, Mosley, Hicks, and HaHa end up. After those four I don’t really care much about FA.

I know Clinton-Dix is just an above average safety but if the Raiders can land him at 10M per or a more expensive 2 year option at 22M I’d be pretty thrilled with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the Browns are pursuing Mosley, but it's not "close" at the moment. Not sure how I'd feel about that, to be honest. He's a good player, although I think a tad overrated and I don't want to imagine the money he's going to demand after what Kwon Alexander got today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Apparently the Browns are pursuing Mosley, but it's not "close" at the moment. Not sure how I'd feel about that, to be honest. He's a good player, although I think a tad overrated and I don't want to imagine the money he's going to demand after what Kwon Alexander got today.

I’d be thrilled, he’s one of the few players available who are actually elite. 

I wouldn’t even have to talk myself into the deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forge said:

You think you guys are going to be in on ET now @ET80

So... about that...

Which basically means "no". Because I can't have nice things.

(Except for Watt. Hopkins. Watson, too).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...