2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

We have to hold Blaine Gabbert back from the rest of the world. Too much exposure might be the end of us all.

And for that, I thank you brother. 

I'm actually very jealous on the Saffold signing, as well as retaining Vaccaro. Adam Humphries is also a stout add. 

AFCS gonna be fun...

Just now, ET80 said:

And for that, I thank you brother. 

I'm actually very jealous on the Saffold signing, as well as retaining Vaccaro. Adam Humphries is also a stout add. 

AFCS gonna be fun...

Titans are gonna be hyped going in to the season, probably gonna start off the season decently, then Mariota is gonna tear or pull or break something then we're just back in the same boat we've been in the past 2 seasons.

feelsbadman

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Probably would have been smart to take it now he's being low balled.  Which he deserves.

I don't and won't fault a player for betting on themselves and going after the most guaranteed money they can get.  This is, of course, the flip-side of the coin and one that agents like Rosenhaus don't tend to properly prepare their clients for.

Bell hasn't exactly carried himself the best since saying that he wouldn't play on the tag for second year in a row.  Not Antonio Brown bad, but still.  Part of me wonders if he'd be getting better offers if he'd have just kept his mouth shut and not been so attention-seeking?  Ego got the better of him.

What will be interesting to see (I highly doubt it) is if he's a man of his word and opts for retirement if he isn't compensated at a level he feels he's "worth"/due?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

With the News section thread on Bell closed, guess I'll go back to here.

So basically he left money on the table and split up the triple Bs by betting on the future value of runningbacks.  Smh

Did his agent not pay attention to rb contracts the past ten years?  With comical timing, the one stud rb who gets extended suffers a mysterious and highly publicized injury around the SB during his holdout.  

Doesn’t look like Leveon is going to set the new bar for rb contracts while Antonio Brown gets a ton of new money.

Let that be a lesson to all you knucklehead kids growing up thinking about playing rb.  Think about your future and split out wide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KellChippy said:

So basically he left money on the table and split up the triple Bs by betting on the future value of runningbacks.  Smh

Did his agent not pay attention to rb contracts the past ten years?  With comical timing, the one stud rb who gets extended suffers a mysterious and highly publicized injury around the SB during his holdout.  

Doesn’t look like Leveon is going to set the new bar for rb contracts while Antonio Brown gets a ton of new money.

Let that be a lesson to all you knucklehead kids growing up thinking about playing rb.  Think about your future and split out wide.

Why are you ranting about his agent? Le'Veon made a call. And I don't begrudge Le'Veon for making the call he did. If he lands more guaranteed money, it will have been worth the risk.

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Why are you ranting about his agent? Le'Veon made a call. And I don't begrudge Le'Veon for making the call he did. If he lands more guaranteed money, it will have been worth the risk.

That was mostly a troll post.  I don’t actually think Bell caused the Steelers to split up, or that a single rb injury factors heavily into other contract negotiations.

Even if he only ends up getting similar guarantees with a new team, he looked worn down by the end of ‘17.  Can’t put a price on long term health and he seems aware of that.  

• Like 1