2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No such thing as "he's made so much money in his career" lol. 

You think? I think thats true for a lot of people that you cant have too much but some of these guys after making 71M in their career like he has, don't care if their next contract is 10M a year vs 5M, they want to win a championship.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think he is just saying he can afford to be patient, and not to mistake his patience for lack of interest from teams.  He’s not saying he is willing to take a cheap deal for a contender here, even if that is the case.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Disagree.

If I only have a few seasons left and I’ve made 71 million in my career, I’m more concerned about playing where I want, for a coaching staff I want, in a role I like for a team who should be successful than just getting the biggest number on a contract.

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Disagree.

If I only have a few seasons left and I’ve made 71 million in my career, I’m more concerned about playing where I want, for a coaching staff I want, in a role I like for a team who should be successful than just getting the biggest number on a contract.

This is assuming he was smart with his money - which, sadly, a lot of these guys aren't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Disagree.

That's fine, still doesn't mean there is a such thing as making too much money in the NFL. This is a dangerous game that has long-term effects. You could say you made good money, but to say "so much money" though? Nah, don't buy that.....At all.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's fine, still doesn't mean there is a such thing as making too much money in the NFL. This is a dangerous game that has long-term effects. You could say you made good money, but to say "so much money" though? Nah, don't buy that.....At all.

You’re acting as if he’s gonna be working for free with any team.  😂 

I feel like anyone taking your stance has never worked a terrible job.  Money isn’t everything, especially when all of your possible employers are paying multiple millions of dollars per year.