Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NYJETS52

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So I was talking to my buddy and the Jets potentially have a unique opportunity not only in this draft but upcoming drafts as well.

Let's say they do wind up making a deal with the Giants or any club for that matter which nets us a 2020 1st rounder.  Fast forward a year the season is over and the team we traded with bombed low and behold we are sitting there with another Top 5 pick.  Next year's QB class is better than this one.  Tua should declare the kid from Oregon will have graduated and then whoever is the rising star as there is always one.  

We seriously could be sitting there having the same conversation again as to who to trade down with.  I doubt it happens but it would be phenomenal to be able to acquire talent while stockpiling picks.

Edited by NYJETS52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point and with that class you could legitimately get an even better haul.  Would be franchise changing if we can pull it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true. But with Arizona rumored to go Murray, Jacksonville getting Foles and Denver already having their stop gap QB... our list of trade up suitors is slimming. Bridgewater stilkl has to go somewhere too. Only thing that has us still as a decent chance of a trade down is that Haskins did throw well. So his stock is good. Which bolds well for us. I fully don't expect us to get the same value we did for a trade up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What QB needy teams are willing to give up a first next year and which will have the least success (netting us the higher potential pick)?  My money is on Washington and Miami (the giants being a close 3rd) but doubt that we would send a pick to Miami no matter the cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is safe to say that your buddy is clearly not Ekill. lol.

 

It is not even funny to think about Jets ending up other top 5. grr!!!    However, if we do think Jets will repeat their draft position for 2020 then they should not trade down from #3 and take a shot at pass rusher for real change.   The complaining about lack of pass rushers will never stop so let's reduce to only problem with Jets being top 5 annually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

What QB needy teams are willing to give up a first next year and which will have the least success (netting us the higher potential pick)?  My money is on Washington and Miami (the giants being a close 3rd) but doubt that we would send a pick to Miami no matter the cost. 

Raiders, Jaguars, Vikings and Buccaneers.  I exclude Dolphins because Jets-Dolphins trade never happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It is safe to say that your buddy is clearly not Ekill. lol.

 

It is not even funny to think about Jets ending up other top 5. grr!!!    However, if we do think Jets will repeat their draft position for 2020 then they should not trade down from #3 and take a shot at pass rusher for real change.   The complaining about lack of pass rushers will never stop so let's reduce to only problem with Jets being top 5 annually.

I think you misunderstood.  I was saying that the team we trade down with ends up in the top 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

I think you misunderstood.  I was saying that the team we trade down with ends up in the top 5.

Ah.. My apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

It is safe to say that your buddy is clearly not Ekill. lol.

 

It is not even funny to think about Jets ending up other top 5. grr!!!    However, if we do think Jets will repeat their draft position for 2020 then they should not trade down from #3 and take a shot at pass rusher for real change.   The complaining about lack of pass rushers will never stop so let's reduce to only problem with Jets being top 5 annually.

@ me bro. what you trying to say lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×