RamRod

Rams decline option on Sullivan, become FA

So do you think we’ll slide Blythe over or insert Brian Allen?

Didn't see this coming. Looks like there's going to be a lot of turnover on the line. 

He was getting whooped most of the year. it was time to move on (especially for that money)

Yep I saw this coming.

$5 million way too much for that - having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to re-sign him at the vet minimum. He might not make the team but would be a good idea to have him in camp if no other team signs him.

Can’t complain about this. Sullivan is only getting older and his play really fell off towards the end of the year. I’ve heard that they’re saying they’re looking to put Brian Allen into the starting spot. I never heard any sort of buzz around him throughout any point in the season. Idk how comfortable I’d be with him becoming the starter. What’s your guys thoughts? 

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Can’t complain about this. Sullivan is only getting older and his play really fell off towards the end of the year. I’ve heard that they’re saying they’re looking to put Brian Allen into the starting spot. I never heard any sort of buzz around him throughout any point in the season. Idk how comfortable I’d be with him becoming the starter. What’s your guys thoughts? 

A year getting coached up not only by Kromer but by Sullivan himself. Keep in mind also he got a lot of game time in preseason and during the season took a lot of first team work when they give veterans along the oline time off during the week. Add in a second off season in the weight room and it gives you some confidence in the kid. They loved him at the draft and spoke well of him all season so I could see them giving him a shot at the job. I could also see us adding a vet or pick to compete. Ryan Groy has been discussed again like he was last off season. We still have Austin Blythe and they went out of their way to keep Aaron Neary around so they must see something they like, could just be versatility. Either way I think we add somebody capable of competing at center.

I think we add someone capable of competing at center.  I don't believe we're going to bring in anyone who is an out-and-out center, more likely someone with a skill-set similar to Blythe's where there's some limited experience and certainly the ability to play center, but is also fully capable of playing guard, possibly even as their more primary position.  Kind of a fail-safe against Allen getting injured or not hitting his benchmarks like we need him to.  Could depend on how far someone the likes of Michael Deiter falls on Day 2 or even (I know he gets some flack, but he has the tools - as have pretty much every guy that's come out of his program lately - he just needs polish) Isaiah Prince.

53 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I think we add someone capable of competing at center.  I don't believe we're going to bring in anyone who is an out-and-out center, more likely someone with a skill-set similar to Blythe's where there's some limited experience and certainly the ability to play center, but is also fully capable of playing guard, possibly even as their more primary position.  Kind of a fail-safe against Allen getting injured or not hitting his benchmarks like we need him to.  Could depend on how far someone the likes of Michael Deiter falls on Day 2 or even (I know he gets some flack, but he has the tools - as have pretty much every guy that's come out of his program lately - he just needs polish) Isaiah Prince.

I'm hoping we add Ryan Groy in addition to drafting somebody. Depth on the OL is very important.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm hoping we add Ryan Groy in addition to drafting somebody. Depth on the OL is very important.

Also, I meant Michael Jordan, not Prince.  Johnson's got tools, he just needs polish.