Leisher's 2019 Mock draft Post-Combine, with disclaimer.

jleisher

Disclaimer:  I am not saying this is what the Packers will do.  I am sorry, but I am just a 53y/o guy that has no clue who they will take or what moves they will make.  So, yes, I guess that would make this wishful thinking or fantasy.  This is just a different mock and offseason that I could live with, if this was the Packers offseason and draft.  So, if your hoping that this post will answer all your questions about the draft and offseason for the Packers, exit post now.  Thank you!

$7M Carryover           $5m Draft picks           $37,786,685 Cap Space 2019  (Overthecap.com)

Nick Perry Edge (Released)  +$3,600,000 

TWill DB (Released)  +$4,750,000

Trevor Davis WR/RS (Released) + $720,000

2019 Cap Space:  $46,855,685

Trade:  Packers send pick #44 and 2020 3rd to the Chiefs for Dee Ford Edge.  Packers sign him to a 4yr/$48m with 20% guaranteed.  2019 Cap hit is $8.4m.   Ford_Dee

FA's:  (Guaranteed $ is our key to getting FA's)

#26 - CB Bashaud BreelandBashaud Breeland DB  3yrs/$18m 10%.  Cap hit $4.5m

Trey Flowers.Trey Flowers DE  4yrs/$52m 20%.  Cap hit $9.1m  (Daniels/Clark/Flowers starting 3 DL)

Thomas_EarlEarl Thomas S  2yrs/$20m 20%.  Cap hit $8m

180606_barrett_headShaquil Barrett Edge 4yrs/$32m 10%.  Cap hit $5.6m  (Barrett and Ford are our starting Edge LB's)

wgm6langv67osbw9djmc.jpgCole Beasley WR 3yrs/$27m 15%.  Cap hit $6.75m

This is a 2017 photo of Jesse James of the Pittsburgh Steelers NFL football team. This image reflects the Steelers active roster as of June 7th when this image was taken. (AP Photo)Jesse James TE 3yrs/$12m 10%.  Cap hit $3m

2019 Cap space after trade and FA's signings is $1,505,685m

#76 - DL <forge-entity title="Mike Daniels" slug="mike-daniels" code="player">Mike Daniels</forge-entity>Mike Daniels DE  2yrs/$18m 20%, 2019 cap hit $7.2m, + $3,512,500 to the cap.

2019 Cap Space:  $5,018,185

Draft:

#12.

Devin White NFL

Scouting Report: Devin White

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s 2019 Mock Draft

School: LSU Position: Inside Linebacker Class: Junior Height: 6-1 Weight: 248 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Elite runner in space, as he was a converted running back, pursues the ball carrier with abandon. Thumper in the middle of the defense, Devin White can monitor the interior rushing lanes, allowing other defenders to make plays. Ideal off the ball linebacker that devastates ball carriers.

(My guys was on the board at #17, but IMO, this was the better pick.  Ford/White/Martinez/Barrett starting 4 LBers.)

#30.

Noah Fant NFL

Scouting Report: Noah Fant

2019 NFL Mock Draft

School: Iowa Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6-5 Weight: 232 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

A move tight end that has the bulk and strength of a blocking tight end. Wins contested balls with a combination of a large catch radius and strength. Can post up, work the seam, and is a major redzone threat. Strong enough to work as a blocker in space and inline. Gifted pass catcher with very good hands.

#75.  Trade down with Browns, Packers get picks #80 and #95.  

#80.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson NFL

Scouting Report: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

2019 NFL Mock Draft

School: Florida Position: Safety Class: Junior Height: 6-0 Weight: 207 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2 (Slips to 3rd, winner, winner, chicken dinner for the Pack.)

Scouting Report:

A converted cornerback, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson had issues adapting to the new position in terms of taking angles on tackles and awareness in a different position. However, as he got more comfortable, he showed flashes of being an elite safety prospect as his comfort level grew.  

#95.

Isaac Nauta NFL

Scouting Report: Isaac Nauta

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Georgia Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6’4 Weight: 245 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

One of the best run blocking tight ends in the draft, that didn’t get enough opportunities to show his ability in the passing game as the Georgia offense sputtered. Powerful inline blocker that can sustain blocks and set the edge for the running game. Able to find defenders to block at the next level. Very good hands in the passing game, but needs to work on routes and to develop some moves in the open field to improve YAC.  (TE's Graham, Fant, James and Nauta)

#114.  Let's start to rebuild the OL, would have loved Risner and Lindstrom, but the board didn't fall in my favor.

Kaleb McGary NFL

Scouting Report: Kaleb McGary

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Washington Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6-6 Weight: 318 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

When able to set against a defender is almost impossible to beat, but for a tackle with such a long, athletic frame, has tight footwork. Strong hands and anchor, and when facing a bull rush, stands his ground. Good awareness in pass pro. As with most offensive tackles coming out of this system, will need to completely re-work much of his technique, but his upside is quite high.  (Future RT in 2020.)

#118.

Ben Powers NFL

Scouting Report: Ben Powers

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Oklahoma Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-4 Weight: 315 Projected Draft Round: 1-3 (Players fall.)

Scouting Report:

Works well in space in Oklahoma’s wide open spread system. Gets to the next level quickly, and is used extensively as a pulling guard. Will have to adapt to having his hand in the dirt more in the NFL game, but appears to have sound technique as far as the scheme that he is in. Good overall build and frame. Very good in pass protection, but not quite a mauler in the run game.  (Really starting to like the Oklahoma OL, they seem to fit the ZBS well.  Starting RG.)

#150.  

Jordan Brailford NFL

Scouting Report: Jordan Brailford

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Oklahoma State Position: Outside Linebacker / Defensive End Class: Junior Height: 6-3 Weight: 250 Projected Draft Round: 4-6

Scouting Report:

Extremely versatile front seven defender, that best projects as an OLB in a 3-4. Most NFL teams prefer to call themselves “multiple” and prize players that can be moved around. Brailford has played every linebacker position and put his hand in the dirt as an edge rusher. Good length, that will allow him to develop a bigger array of pass rush moves that he can use effectively. Decent in coverage, and his experience at linebacker will make him attractive to two gapping defenses that need versatile edge players.

#185.  

Dru Samia NFL

Scouting Report: Dru Samia

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Oklahoma Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 300 Projected Draft Round: 2-4 (Again, players fall)

Scouting Report:

Coming from a zone heavy blocking speed that works their offensive in space, and in a wide open office, will have a lot of work to prepare for the next level. Good length and height, but not the strongest frame. However, rarely looks overpowered, and has very good balance and sets a nice anchor for himself. Probably best suited toward a zone heavy scheme, but with some added weight, could develop into a stronger run blocker in man blocking situations.  (Pushes Taylor for starting LG spot, can also play T.)

#194.  Let's add to DB depth and ST depth.

Iman Marshall - 2019 NFL Draft

Scouting Report: Iman Marshall

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: USC Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6-1 Weight: 200 lbs Projected Draft Round: 2-4 (Yep! Again, players fall.)

Scouting Report:

One of the most athletic defensive backs in the country, Marshall has top end ball skills. Able to locate passes quickly and closes on receivers with exceptional speed. Very good ball skills with excellent production. With another year of development, could move into the first two rounds of the upcoming draft.

#226.  

Chase Hansen NFL

Scouting Report: Chase Hansen

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Utah Position: Safety/ Outside Linebacker Class: Senior Height: 6’3 Weight: 216 Projected Draft Round: 3-5 (Ditto x4 on the players fall statement.)

Scouting Report:

Recruited as a quarterback, converted to safety, and then to linebacker, Hansen is a high end athlete with football intelligence and experience seeing the game from different perspectives. The last position conversion was due more to depth than fit, but he has been extremely productive at linebacker, racking up tackles, sacks, INT’s and TFL’s. Very rangy, and probably best suited as a safety at the next level that can come up and play in a hybrid type linebacker position, covering tight ends and running backs. Sees the field very well and makes quick decisions. Sound tackler, very willing, and doesn’t take bad angles or make hurried decisions in the open field, so rarely out of position in coverage.

Key UDFA's:

DenisLukas.jpg

Lukas Denis S Boston College

WoodsZ.jpg

Zedrick Woods S Miss

CashmanBlake.jpg

Blake Cashman ILB Minnesota

BarnesAlex.jpg

Alex Barnes RB Kansas St.

PollardTony.jpg

Tony Pollard RB/WR/RS Memphis

YoungMarquis.jpg

Marquis Young RB UMass

AdamsPaul.jpg

Paul Adams T Missouri

ParhamDonald.jpg

Donald Parham TE Stetson

BrownBlace.jpg

Blace Brown CB Troy

GayMatt.jpg

Matt Guy K Utah

Now, if this was real, I could live with this as our Packers offseason and draft.  How about you?

WAYYYY to light on the FAs.  Dee Ford is getting more than 4 years, $48M and 20% guaranteed.  Probably closer to 4 years, $64M.  Trey Flowers might push $17M/year as a FA.  And Earl Thomas is getting more than 2 years, $20M.

Even though I think the free agent contracts are off I enjoy that you do so many of these.  I like to read them and each one seems to get better.  I wish I had the time to do one, so I appreciate reading anyone that someone takes time to do.

And if this happened I'd love it.  I'd also think TT might roll over dead in his office seeing all the FA signings :)

This is definitely a wish list that's not happening. Dee Ford is like Nick Perry after he had his one good season. I doubt the Packers are interested. Now, I could be wrong, but I think that Zarious and/or Preston Smith would be targets. They both stop the run and put pressure on the QB. I think Perry, Cobb and CMIII are all gone which is why Gutsy grabs two guys. Breeland is a guy that Green Bay needs to keep. Tramon as well because of his FS work. 

Your mock could be right except there are several guys that will never fall that far down like CGJ and McGary. 

22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Go use the freaking predicted contacts on spotrac if you're going to waste your time doing this?

I love how so many people get so up in arms over this. LMAO. It's a damn internet message board mock draft. And it's not just you. 

I understand that this is a hobby for you Leisher and that you just enjoy the thought process into putting these together. I give you credit in regards to the time and effort you put into it (images, contracts, scouting reports etc). I just wish that you would take peoples opinions on your mocks as constructive crticism and adjust on that as opposed to continuing to make the same mocks that arent in theory even remotely possible or feasible. There are plenty of tools i.e. over the caps contract predictions that could help you. Yet, you opt to ignore these tools and continue to make the same unrealistic mocks. If you used these tools it may not make the mocks as appealing because realistically it wont have all the big names but it'll make it enjoyable in terms of it actually being a possibility. Not just for you but for the readers as well. Just some food for thought on your next mock because I know its coming.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why do people assume that anyone on this board gets upset about anything? 

Go use the freaking predicted contacts on spotrac if you're going to waste your time doing this?

And his last mock, your only response was "why?". 

You, and others, seem way too bothered by these things. It isn't that serious. 

Archived