FIRE Gettleman, CUT Eli, PLAY for 2020

Acgott

On 3/6/2019 at 8:49 PM, Acgott said:

A generational talent maybe, but still not a good pick. His position just isn't a high priority. We could have traded back a spot or two. I don't believe the Jets weren't offering us that same offer.

Collins is younger and a better player than Ogeltree. We chose Ogeltree over him pretty much.

I can't argue the OV thing but I think we could have swung him for a 7th.

My big thing is still Eli. We need his cap space for his level of play.

To be fair, Ogletree had much, much more of an impact last year in Bettcher's defense than Collins did. Ogletree led all LBs in interceptions with 5, had 2 TDs, 1 sack and 93 tackles. Collins had 96 tackles, 0 ints, 0 sacks. Collins is a really good player, but it is very possible he isn't worth the high price tag in this defense because he isn't asked to do that much. 

I'm with others here on Eli- no reason to cut him for this year. The money we save would just need to be used on a FA QB. His contract is up after this year and he sure as hell isn't getting another one. The Collins decision threw me a bit, but Gettleman is doing a decent job rebuilding.

5 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

You guys need to relax. Things will be fine. The trade wasn’t bad cosindering the got back a starter and two picks. 

And none of that is a guarantee that they’d have the impact of Odell or remotely that talent level. We traded away one of the most talented receivers we’ve seen and we think that we get that same value just like that? Screw Gettleman and the management seriously 

7 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

You guys need to relax. Things will be fine. The trade wasn’t bad cosindering the got back a starter and two picks. 

Sure. And what if the 2019 draft class is like the 2013? Then we traded a generational player and top 3 WR in OBJ for a maybe decent-good strong safety in Peppers and two placeholders out of the league in a few years. Trash. 

Archived