Dee Ford

BayBubbPackFan

So reports are that Dee Ford could be had for as little as a 2nd Round pick.

If this is true, I feel Green Bay should be all over this. I know there could be a bidding war, but maybe 44th and a late round pick?

KC knows the depth of this years edge class, so might be the reason for the report.

Then turn around and give him a 4yr $65mil deal.

He had only one year with Coach Mike Smith, who is now in GB. He absolutely balled out, keep them together.

Thoughts?

It depends. If it is apparent during the legal tampering period next week we are going to completely strike out, I'd consider it for a second.

You are not getting a value contract by trading for Ford since you are paying market rate for him, but you are guaranteeing a really good player, which there is value in.  I'd rather have him for 15 than Preston of Z Smith at 10-13M. Due to the whiffs of 2015 draft class and likely 2017, we are good in cap and are in no danger of losing core pieces. There is like a 98% chance Ford is better than anyone we draft in the second, and the odds of the second being more than just a mediocre starter that is as valuable than their contract is only like 30%.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'm not willing to bend over for him, but I'm surprised at the lack of interest in a 27 year old guy ( younger than Mack) who had more sacks and TLF than Mack in 2018.

( Yes I fully realize sacks aren't everything and Mack has had a better career)

He was a contract year guy. I've also heard Chief fans aren't that high on him. That's worrisome.

Archived