Dee Ford

BayBubbPackFan

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

As small a fan as I am of signing both the Smiths, I'd have been livid if we traded a second round pick for Ford as it looks like the Niners have just agreed to.

2nd round pick in 2020 is what is being reported. 

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

As small a fan as I am of signing both the Smiths, I'd have been livid if we traded a second round pick for Ford as it looks like the Niners have just agreed to.

A 2020 2nd? I would way rather have done that

Big loss not getting Ford.

People Who cry about losing 2nd round draft go and see how many packers who were drafted in last 5 years are still on the team and actually valuable.

Packers are mediocre at scouting at any position other than WR.

1 hour ago, PackGymRat said:

People Who cry about losing 2nd round draft go and see how many packers who were drafted in last 5 years are still on the team and actually valuable.

Do you have any statistics to back that up? You have unrealistic expectations for late 2nd-rounders. Even a high 2nd-rounder only has like a 35% chance of being "valuable", and probably a 50% chance of being an outright bust. Stop tunnel-visioning on GB and look at the rest of the league in general. 

4 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

Would you consider yourself a holder of stocks?

... mostly because Russ ball was making those selections for Ted.

Green Bay does have a new GM and a new assistant GM... so maybe the results are going to get better.

Funny considering that GM and scouting department isnt the same it was 5 years ago or even 2 years ago. Dont think that argument can hold up with whats currently in place. 

Its almost like if you take the job of a fired employee who was atrocious at his job being called atrocious at yours based off the former employees negligence. 

2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I will say for the money we gave Z Smith, I’d have rather got Ford for a second. Z Smith is a  high end projection. Ford led the league in pressures. What Ford did was legitimately not replaceable.

You would have had to give him $45m guaranteed instead of the $20m we gave to Z. Smith. The Packers were never going to do that. Don't be distracted by the seemingly close yearly average salaries, Ford's contract was much more expensive, plus a 2nd rounder. 

Archived