Dee Ford

BayBubbPackFan

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

If Gutey can trade a 2nd for Ford, thereby filling the obvious EDGE need, I could then see him trading down from #12 and picking up a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. With Polite possibly tanking, there's a possibility that there will not be an available EDGE good enough to justify the #12 pick. 

Burns and/or Ferrell might be there.

Also, Za'Darius Smith could be had for the same or cheaper price and allow us to keep that 2nd rounder.

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

If Gutey can trade a 2nd for Ford, thereby filling the obvious EDGE need, I could then see him trading down from #12 and picking up a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. With Polite possibly tanking, there's a possibility that there will not be an available EDGE good enough to justify the #12 pick. 

I could see that but I’d wait until the draft started to unfold just to make sure Sweat, Burns, Allen and Ferrel were gone before I traded back. 

Even if White were there, I’d trade back and if I felt we needed an ILB I’d look at Bush later in the first. 

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Burns and/or Ferrell might be there.

Also, Za'Darius Smith could be had for the same or cheaper price and allow us to keep that 2nd rounder.

IF you can sign him. The trade guarantees you get your man, FA is a crap shoot. What happens if the price tag on all these EDGE goes up 4-5 million over what you expect to pay?

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If the packers think Ford can have close to the production in our scheme as he did last year with the chiefs I'm down to risk it for the biscuit for once. Most pressures in the league last year certainly will catch your eye.

Plus, with Polite's poor combine, he could be there at 30 for all we know and allow us to go OL or even Devin White/Ed Oliver in the off-chance either falls to 12 (I've seen SOME mocks with it happening). Not likely, but possible. He and Ford could have a sick pass rush and allow us to get a premium player at another position of need.

Gipson and Amos could also be had for the same combined price as Landon Collins in free agency, giving us more flexibility.

Packers need a trusted commodity. Gute said he would explore all avenues in finding players that would benefit the team. Fackrell isn't good enough to be our #1 edge player and relying on a rook is risky. I'm not at all against this move even with the Edge position being strong this year.  This team had tons of holes to fill. 

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

2nd round pick, giter' done. Then sign Earl Thomas and we can go BPA at 12 and 30. 

With San Fran interested it might take more than 1 pick because they’re ahead of us.

Dee Ford makes a ton of sense. Really hope gutey can get him and just keep those 2 first rounders intact.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

With San Fran interested it might take more than 1 pick because they’re ahead of us.

Doesn't mean they are willing to give it up for him! Throw in Nick Perry who is a better fit as a 4-3 DE. That way we win twice! :D

21 minutes ago, Golfman said:

2nd round pick, giter' done. Then sign Earl Thomas and we can go BPA at 12 and 30. 

Gipson and Amos/Phillips could probably be had for the same combined price as ET and fill BOTH safety needs, plus I don't expect him to play all 16 games, here's where that 2nd round pick would come in handy.

Also if Oliver is there at 12 (I've seen it happen in some mocks) and Polite falls to 30 (also not completely outside the realm of possibility after the Combine showing), we could have a D of:

Oliver-Clark-Daniels

Ford-Crawford/Burk/DP-Martinez-Polite/Fackrell

Alexander-Amos-Gipson-Breeland/Jackson

Can you say... championship caliber defense?

Not a lot of capital for filling other needs, though.

i'm pretty shocked most of you are open to this. terrible asset management. like obviously terrible asset management. Give me a talent like CGJ w/ that 2nd rounder for cheap af the next 4 years. Sign an edge rusher like Preston Smith and then still have extra money that would've been given to Dee to sign ANOTHER safety or like a guard. I don't get it whatsoever. That'd be one of the worst moves I've seen GB execute. And I know "CGJ might not be there" and "We might get outbid on Preston", i get that, I just mean acquiring talents on their levels. This is a pretty obvious thing, which is why I'm confused people are on board.  

Archived