5 Reasons the Jets SHOULD sign Le'Veon Bell

rdelaney89

Should the Jets Sign Le'Veon Bell?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Jets Sign Le'Veon Bell?

• Yes
    • No
    • He's French

21 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I disagree.  There are many different ways to help a young QB it's not just about having weapons.  When you say "end all be all" it sounds like you just want to meh edge rushers because we should be drafting a WR at 3 to help Sam. 

I think we need help on offense for sure but a Julio Jones type WR is not very high on on the list for me.  Sam can develop just fine with multiple above average WR's as you call them.  

A Julio Jones WR would be #1 if there was one out there, but there's not. Metcalf isn't that guy.

13 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

A Julio Jones WR would be #1 if there was one out there, but there's not. Metcalf isn't that guy.

Way down the list for me after C, LG, and RB.  Good news is we can do all those move plus more but if we were limited to picking 1-2 positions it's OL without question.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Way down the list for me after C, LG, and RB.  Good news is we can do all those move plus more but if we were limited to picking 1-2 positions it's OL without question.

I 100% all along have said protecting Darnold she be the 1st focus of this team. But I think adding a DT is leaps and bounds less of a need than adding a difference making WR or RB.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I 100% all along have said protecting Darnold she be the 1st focus of this team. But I think adding a DT is leaps and bounds less of a need than adding a difference making WR or RB.

I never said that DT was more important than a WR.  I was strictly speaking offensively.  (C, LG, RB, WR) that is the order of importance for me.

Defensively it's (pass rusher, slot CB, pass rusher, outside CB, ILB depth) in that order

Overall if I had to mix both sides in order of importance

1. C
2. LG
3. Pass Rusher
4. slot CB
5. Pass Rusher
6. RB (I have RB this low but I really really want Bell bad)
7. WR
8. Outside CB
9. ILB depth

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Bell, was ruled out of last Sundays, game with the flu. He did not practice Thursday or Friday, but went out Saturday night from 10pm to 1am and was bowling at Boonton lanes. I was in favor of signing Bell, looks like I was wrong. Sure we have the worst O line in the NFL. He is only avg. 3.2 yards per carry. I don't remember him have one run around end, and when he does run he does that dancing behind the line of scrimmage before he takes off, and by then there are five defenders waiting for him. Maybe I am wrong, but he just looks slow to me. His contract is for 52 million, but we sure are not getting our 52 million dollars worth. I am not saying Powell in better than Bell and he isn't, but did you see how fast Powell hit the line when he ran, and with power. Maybe Gase, was right no wanting Bell, and all of US were wrong. 

His "patient" style doesn't work behind a line that will never open a hole, no matter how long you give them. We seemed to attempt to solve all of our rushing problems by signing him, and not getting sufficient upgrades on the OL. With our current OL, the best you can do is probably with a straight-ahead runner who'll hit the hole (or lack thereof) hard straight away.

He's actually second on the team with 55 receptions (5 behind crowder) though.

I'd love for us to upgrade the OL enough to make proper use of him. I still think he's a very good RB, and could shine here next season with improved circumstances. Something tells me we're going to give him away though, and he'll do much better elsewhere.

Gases refusal to modify his schemes to accommodate a player of Bells caliber is pathetic. Don't tell me it's the player - I will gladly cheer for Bell when he's lighting it up next year on a different team.

I know, I sound like a broken record.  

• Like 2