Post-Combine Mock - Entire 1st Round

smetana34

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Me either, but....  That spot is shaping up to be a good spot for Ferrell.  So if two EDGE guys are on the board, given the draft capital GB has, and more with the trade, moving back up for one of them makes sense and can be easily done.

Personally I think Burns has a better shot at top 10 than where he is selected here, but even if you replaced him with Ferrell, I'm still super pumped over this haul.

Basically this was all my train of thought too. There's going to be a very good prospect or two that fall, not just to 12, but beyond that. I put together a 1st round that I think has a very real chance of happening (sans the initial trade, with Miami being the hardest to project since they're in full rebuild) but it's possible Detroit opts for Burns instead, in which case Sweat falls a tad but the trade up/down would still be the same process if it's Sweat/Gary/Ferrell left at 17. We're going to have the choice between a few different edge players in the same tier; why not acquire a little more draft capital and still get one of them like last year

Archived