Which players would you NOT trade for a 2020 first round pick?

SmittyBacall

Just Danielle Hunter for sure. I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than 2 1st rounders.

Harrison is an elite safety, but he’s just got a couple elite years left I think and plays a low priority position.

Diggs and Theilen are both great, but I’ve always been of the mindset that WR is a luxury position, so I’d definitely trade one of them for a cheap first-round offensive lineman.

No other player would give me hesitation.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:11 PM, SmittyBacall said:

You wouldn't trade Kelce for Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa? For as good as Kelce is I would be tempted...

Leo summed up some of it. But it's a 2020 pick. While our defense will be a bit of a mystery next year, we're close enough to competing for a superbowl that the year where we get nothing out of that trade is really painful. If we have a similar year next year, even with the low positional value of TE, having a guy who is the best at his position could be a difference maker, so I'm not willing to give up that difference in 2019 (and realistically 2020 as whatever rookie is taken develops), even if it would be better in 2021 onward. Go back to last offseason, I would probably take it, because coming off rookie Mahomes and dumping Smith we looked like a team that should build for the future. Now we kind of need to balance now and going forward.

That plus the potential that is always there that the pick busts. Even if we consider it high probability that it won't, that would be brutal, to swap an all-pro for nothing, and not even realize it until a few years from now.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, Jakuvious said:

Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce. In each of those 4 cases, I don't care if it's the first overall pick, I'm keeping the player.

No questioning these. I would be tempted to add Mitchell Schwartz to that list. The dude is beyond durable and one of, if not the best RT in the game. The draft is a gamble and he's a sure thing.

On 5-3-2019 at 9:58 PM, BayRaider said:

I would trade every person on the Raiders Roster for a 1st Rounder except CB Gareon Conley. 

I'd trade Conley as well just for the potential upside of getting a great player in the 1st. Don't think he will ever be great.

Draft picks are overrated, especially now there is so much cap space. The patriots haven't drafted anyone decent in the first round since 2012 and have been to 4 of the last 5 super bowls. Of course not everyone is the Patriots but it shows you don't have to hit at the top of the draft to win.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:35 PM, Jakuvious said:

Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce. In each of those 4 cases, I don't care if it's the first overall pick, I'm keeping the player.

This is hard... significantly effect your SB chances the next 2 years, but #1 in 2020 means you could likely flip that pick for an absolute ransom considering you have Mahomes.... 

In fact you can extend that to the 2nd round for the Pats. Their 1st/2nd round draft picks from the last 6 drafts:

- Jamie Collins

- Aaron Dobson

- Dominique Easley

- Jimmy G

- Malcolm Brown

- Jordan Richards

- Cyrus Jones

- Isaiah Wynn

- Sony Michel

- Duke Dawson

Would any of them even make a top 25 list of the most influential Patriots players for the last 6 years?

Archived