Last Mock before FA

Bobby816

12 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I like DK but there are large receivers who have elite agility stats.  Julio's agility numbers were insane.  Dude ran a 6.66 3 cone.  AJ Green ran a 6.91 3 cone.  Mike Evans who is huge rana 7.08 3 cone.  Michael Thomas ran a 6.8 3 cone.  I am just saying i really hope he cleans it up at his pro day.  And his agility's don't mean he won't be good, but it can limit some of the things he can do on the field.  The more he can do the more dangerous he can be.  I do think people are overblowing it though.

DI slipped like I stated so to think that didn’t make a big difference in his 3 cone isn’t thinking clearly. So his number that you’re looking at when comparing to these guys, isn’t accurate to be honest. I’ll also add that Julio out of all those guys you mentioned is the only one in comparison with him physical wise. Green, Evans, Thomas are just tall guys. DK is a beast physically. So it’s not comparing apples to apples. Julio is really the only WR inntge keague I’ll compare things with with him. And you know what I’ll gladly take. 80% Julio top 5 in the draft.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

DI slipped like I stated so to think that didn’t make a big difference in his 3 cone isn’t thinking clearly. So his number that you’re looking at when comparing to these guys, isn’t accurate to be honest. I’ll also add that Julio out of all those guys you mentioned is the only one in comparison with him physical wise. Green, Evans, Thomas are just tall guys. DK is a beast physically. So it’s not comparing apples to apples. Julio is really the only WR inntge keague I’ll compare things with with him. And you know what I’ll gladly take. 80% Julio top 5 in the draft.

That doesn't explain his 3rd percentile short shuttle.

15 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

That doesn't explain his 3rd percentile short shuttle.

If he wasn’t almost 6’4” 235lbs. With great hands, I’d be worried about it. But a guy with his size, hands, catch in traffic and physicality doesn’t need that separation that most do. I say myself in the mock he’s a reach. But a good reach and still a top prospect. In this mock I have no where on the DL is needed. And those quite frankly are the only picks that talent wise would be argued there. But we don’t need an edge or a DLineman in this mock.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If he wasn’t almost 6’4” 235lbs. With great hands, I’d be worried about it. But a guy with his size, hands, catch in traffic and physicality doesn’t need that separation that most do. I say myself in the mock he’s a reach. But a good reach and still a top prospect. In this mock I have no where on the DL is needed. And those quite frankly are the only picks that talent wise would be argued there. But we don’t need an edge or a DLineman in this mock.

I do like DK, my only point is that a 3rd percentile short shuttle is not ideal.  And using his size.... he's 228 btw, isn't a real great excuse because there have been other big fast guys that are better at it.  I hope he can clean it up in his pro day.  Not that it makes a massive difference.  I hope we have a private meeting with him and have him run a full route tree to see how he does.  I suspect he will look good in and out of his breaks.  The one spot where I think he might struggle is on is double moves where he has to make 2 moves. 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:15 PM, NJerseypaint said:

Everyone gonna change their tune once DK reruns the agility drills at his pro day.

Even if he does, it doesn’t explain the fact that his lack of production and injury history are remarkably concerning. 

53 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Even if he does, it doesn’t explain the fact that his lack of production and injury history are remarkably concerning. 

Well his lack of production is bc he was injured. Also he had poor QB play and he’s 1 of 3 talented WRs on that team. So the ball gets spread around. I fully admit he’s a reach. But he’s a top talent. And in this mock.... edge and DL are far from a need. So yes ideally a trade back would be great to get him. But these lists of teams to trade up are becoming less every day.

FYI we traded up around this time last year if I remember correctly. It was right around mid March.

I should edit this mock to us only signing defense, giving mccown 12mill, signing guys like Amendola for vet minimum as our offense targets. That would be more realistic. And let’s be honest... we don’t know how to not draft defense and mainly dline. So Q Williams will be a Jet. And I can’t wait to see the Williams top 6 draft duo raking in those 10 sacks combined each year.

Archived