Trey Flowers Not Expected to Get The Franchise Tag

Just Want A Title

Kinda hate it if it's not a bargin. Too many good fellas in the draft to "pass" on cause we've got Flowers. 

I'm just one of those guys that wants to build the best offense in the league and have the best pass rush as well be damned everything else on defense before the pass rush. 

12 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Kinda hate it if it's not a bargin. Too many good fellas in the draft to "pass" on cause we've got Flowers. 

I'm just one of those guys that wants to build the best offense in the league and have the best pass rush as well be damned everything else on defense before the pass rush. 

I don't think that we'd pass on a guy even if we were to sign Flowers (and already signed Okwara). I believe that Gary is one of those guys who could play in different spots along the line like Flowers. Even so, it's a really deep draft and we could find impact guys in round 2 or 3.

10 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I'd go up to 15 mil or so on him. I wouldn't pay him top-5 DE money. But to come here, you have to think he'll ask for it.

He's going to get $17M and we'd probably have to pay close to $18M to make it happen. I've heard the Jets and the Dolphins as two candidates for him. Jets and Colts just have so much money to spend that it's going to be hard to compete.

I'd rather the Lions stay away. They'd have to tie quite a bit of money into him, likely dropping $17-$20 million per season depending on how intense Free Agency gets. Who is his agent? If he was willing to take a reasonable discount to play in a system he knows? Absolutely, it's worth kicking the tires, but he's likely looking for a payday that the Lions should avoid. I'd rather stay the course and continue building the "Patriot way".

Devin Funchess has never delivered on his potential.  He has had planty of opportunity to prove himself.  I am a big fan of bringing in Tyrell Williams as a legitimate deep threat.  He averaged 15 yards per catch on 40 plus receptions.

I am not sold on Landon Collins.  He had one awesome season but is more an "in the box" safety.  I might be wrong but I think Particia prefers to have all of his safeties be sound in pass coverage.

Archived