Ravens release Eric Weddle

RavensFC

what i said in the other thread:

I do NOT want Landon Collins like some will say. A safety group of him and Jefferson will get beat deep 10 times a game.

Sign Earl Thomas or Honey Badger or

Draft Nasir Adderly or

Just start Chuck Clark. All 3 better options than spending $ on Collins imo

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Sign Earl Thomas or Honey Badger or

Draft Nasir Adderly or

Just start Chuck Clark. All 3 better options than spending $ on Collins imo

This sums it up pretty much. I think there are a few more options in the draft with some ability, but these are all the key players in the situation right now.

It's just unfortunate we can't curb Jefferson because of his ridiculous contract. 

54 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It's just unfortunate we can't curb Jefferson because of his ridiculous contract. 

We can and I bet we will let Jefferson go.  His contract was made for a potential exit after two years. They basically guaranteed the first two years and gave and at this point they have to decide if he's worth $8M for 2019 (and potentially $7M for 2020). I certainly expect the answer to that to be no.

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

We can and I bet we will let Jefferson go.  His contract was made for a potential exit after two years. They basically guaranteed the first two years and gave and at this point they have to decide if he's worth $8M for 2019 (and potentially $7M for 2020). I certainly expect the answer to that to be no.

I think they're afraid of the dead money though.

Completely justified reverence for Weddle's character seems to be distorting the reality of him on the field for some people. Some of the reactions to us letting him go are really out there, from fans and media alike. Eric brought some commendable aspects to our defense, but to deny that his limitations and weaknesses frequently outweighed any positives is not assessing the situation correctly imo. 

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think they're afraid of the dead money though.

It's not a factor.

There are 4 options for the Ravens:

OPTION 1:
Let Tony Jefferson go now
2018 cap hit: $8.82M
2019 cap hit: $0

OPTION 2:
Keep Tony Jefferson for 2019 and cut him in 2020
2018 cap hit: $12.66M
2019 cap hit: $4.17M

OPTION 3:
Keep Tony Jefferson for 2 more years