Free Agency

TedLavie

On 4/10/2019 at 2:18 AM, TedLavie said:

Attaochu is strictly a 3-4 OLB. Not sure where we plan to have him compete but I don't think it will work. Worth a shot I guess but I don't expect much 

No. He's an edge rusher. San Diego got a very good year out of him, but he's been hurt a lot. The question is always whether he's prone or just had a lingering issue.

J

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No. He's an edge rusher. San Diego got a very good year out of him, but he's been hurt a lot. The question is always whether he's prone or just had a lingering issue.

J

Remind me how 3-4 OLB aren't pass rushers?

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Russ just broke to bank in Seattle. (Actually blew the bank up, ran over the rubble with a tank, got out and took a leak on the ashes). 4-140

I'm afraid of what Pat's contract is gonna look like.

I'm probably going to hurt some sensibilities here but:

If Mahomes asks for 35-40M a year, a good case can be made from tag and trade him before his year 5 and drafting someone else. Majority of recent SB teams had QBs on their rookie contract / team friendly deals

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Russ just broke to bank in Seattle. (Actually blew the bank up, ran over the rubble with a tank, got out and took a leak on the ashes). 4-140

I'm afraid of what Pat's contract is gonna look like.

If Mahomes asks for 35-40M a year, a good case can be made from tag and trade him before his year 5 and drafting someone else. Majority of recent SB teams had QBs on their rookie contract / team friendly deals

Attaochu really isn’t that great of a 3/4 OLB.  He’s not good enough of a pass rusher to strictly do that full time, but he’s versatile enough to help in a variety of ways.

Not even sure he makes the roster, but he’s decent depth at a position we don’t have any.

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

hell no. you dont trade him.

I don't understand why players want to hurt the team they're playing for, by asking for more money than a team can reasonably pay. Why not just get rich and help your team extend other players that can put your team in the playoffs year after year?

Edited by mayanfootball
  • Like 2