Free Agency

TedLavie

16 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Any interest in Gerald McCoy? I think he'd be good to bring in on a one year deal around 10mil. Re-sign him if we can and he earns it or he walks and we maybe get a comp pick.

I wouldn’t be opposed.. but not at that price.  He can sign for 4-5 Mil with us if he wants.

We’re deep enough along the DL and he’s not really the same player he once was.  

Edited by samsel23

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed.. but not at that price.  He can sign for 4-5 Mil with us if he wants.

I agree that 10 is a bit high. But for only offering a 1 year deal, I think it may have to be on the higher end. I think best case it'd be in the 5ish range.

6 hours ago, samsel23 said:

He has not been since about 2016. The number of defensive snaps has been very high, so a more rotational approach may yield better results. Still, at that price he would have to be very good in limited play.

J

On 5/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Any interest in Gerald McCoy? I think he'd be good to bring in on a one year deal around 10mil. Re-sign him if we can and he earns it or he walks and we maybe get a comp pick.

Starting to wonder if Speaks will be kicking inside:

That's disappointing...

On 5/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, kingseanjohn said:

He'll go for more money than he is worth to us. Low cost, sure, why not, more DL is always good. But I don't think the value is there for us to pay $10M for a guy who we'd really only need to add value on a rotation.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2019 at 5:40 AM, Jakuvious said:

He'll go for more money than he is worth to us. Low cost, sure, why not, more DL is always good. But I don't think the value is there for us to pay $10M for a guy who we'd really only need to add value on a rotation.

This. He would basically be a 3rd down rusher / backup to C.Jones for us. Cost will likely be too high for that role

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

This. He would basically be a 3rd down rusher / backup to C.Jones for us. Cost will likely be too high for that role

we should wait it out some.  The longer he goes unsigned the cheaper he could be.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Or maybe waiting until closer to training camp to sign

the longer it takes to sign the cheaper you should be unless teams are fighting but if that was the case we would have heard about it by now.

Chiefswire is doing a series on the UDFA the Chiefs signed. Here is the first, Jamal Custis
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/27/kansas-city-chiefs-undrafted-free-agent-spotlight-syracuse-wr-jamal-custis/

I am not going post every one of these, but Curtis is first for good reason, he's both big and fast and plays WR. Here is a predraft writeup that hits the high notes.
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/2019-nfl-draft-player-profiles-syracuse-wr-jamal-custis/

J

Edited by onejayhawk

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

Chiefswire is doing a series on the UDFA the Chiefs signed. Here is the first, Jamal Custis
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/27/kansas-city-chiefs-undrafted-free-agent-spotlight-syracuse-wr-jamal-custis/

I am not going post every one of these, but Curtis is first for good reason, he's both big and fast and plays WR. Here is a predraft writeup that hits the high notes.

and he received 100 k$ guarateed, more than quite a few drafted players ...