Free Agency

TedLavie

43 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Sutton should have been canned after the Colts playoff game.  The won we lost in one half of football (epic comeback).

The one where the offense scored 13 points in the second half, and we settled for two field goals when the Colts got a TD? We were 12th in yards and 6th in points defensively that year  

Both sides of the ball failed in the playoff game. 

6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The one where the offense scored 13 points in the second half, and we settled for two field goals when the Colts got a TD? We were 12th in yards and 6th in points defensively that year  

Both sides of the ball failed in the playoff game. 

we blew a 21 point lead.  Don't pretend like 13 points in a half of football is bad.  We let them score 35 points in the second half in a playoff game at home.  Its absurd the colts are not the patriots.  He should have been shown the door after that game which was 3-4 years ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, valkrei said:

Sutton should have been canned after the Colts playoff game.  The won we lost in one half of football (epic comeback).

Eh. That would've been jumping the gun way too much, for me. Our defense was still elite for like 3 years after that.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh. That would've been jumping the gun way too much, for me. Our defense was still elite for like 3 years after that.

What I see is we immediately got worse.  The only good years HOuston was in his prime and MP were kings on the Defense.  I didnt bother checking on Eric Berry in his prime.  Sutton was never good, we just had stuts on the defense.

2012 20th Houston 10 sacks

2013  24th  Bob sutton becomes coach  Houston 11

2014 7th Houston sacks 22

2015 7th  Houston sacks 7.5, Marcus peters  picks 8

2016 24th MC picks 6

2017 28th MC 5

2018 31st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

What I see is we immediately got worse.  The only good years HOuston was in his prime and MP were kings on the Defense.  I didnt bother checking on Eric Berry in his prime.  Sutton was never good, we just had stuts on the defense.

2012 20th Houston 10 sacks

2013  24th  Bob sutton becomes coach  Houston 11

2014 7th Houston sacks 22

2015 7th  Houston sacks 7.5, Marcus peters  picks 8

2016 24th MC picks 6

2017 28th MC 5

2018 31st.

And perhaps this is true. But you don't take that risk. If you're elite in an area, you're not going to fire a key part of that area. Even if we were succeeding because of talent, not Sutton, you still risk screwing the whole thing up by firing Sutton at the time.

You also list yards, not points, and we know we were always a better scoring defense. A lot of turnovers, a lot of red zone success in that 2013 - 2016 window.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I thought dennard was largely a slot corner. Is that how the chiefs use Fuller?

For the most part. We normally did Fuller outside in base, kicked Fuller in to the slot in nickel or dime. I would assume we leave Fuller outside if we sign Dennard. Something like Fuller and Ward outside, Dennard in the nickel, and maybe kick Mathieu down to the slot if we go dime.

• Like 1