Free Agency

TedLavie

13 hours ago, xMISTA314x said:

Picking up Carlos Hyde was a great move for us. Allows us to really use all our top picks on defense. I was hoping we would get Montgomery from Iowa St in the 2nd. 

I’m ok with this signing as well. As our coaching staff has shown for multiple years, they can get the best out of each RB. Hyde had promising games for the 49ers. I bet he can rebound from his 2018 performance this year and than we might let him go into free agency to gain a compensatory pick for him. For now he adds depth to the RB position, which allows us to use more/higher picks to rebuild our defense during the draft. One trait of Hyde that shouldn’t be underestimated is his ability of pass protection, a trait neither Damien nor Darrell Williams seem to be really good at last season. It gives us the possibility of moving on from the Sausage, although that would be a shame, since i do like that guy. We’ll see. With this move we’re creating more and more competition.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mathieu is a big signing for you boys.

I really didn't want to commit more than 10M per on any player, aside from maaaaaybe Collins who I think is a better player.

We need a lot of people everywhere, and we just hand out big deals year in and year out. That's going to hurt our depth, and while Mathieu is a good player, not sure he's enough of difference maker.

47 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Liking the Mathieu signing the more I think about it. Love the versatility, compared to what we would have gotten in Collins, who I thought was a likely get for us.

I think I'd rather have had J.Abram, Miss.St. and saved some big $$. Mathieu has lots of injury history now.

Edited by mayanfootball