Free Agency

TedLavie

Just now, valkrei said:

So ILB pick 1?

Maybe. I think it definitely leaves LB in some form as our top need. Whether that's ILB or OLB depends on if we can get Hitchens back to his old form or not now that we're going back to his old formation.

It also depends on what we do with Ford. If we do actually trade Ford, or honestly even if we intend to move on from him next year, edge rusher might be a suddenly huge hole.

Could use a CB still. Unless we bring back Nelson.

I think we still more or less should go BPA on D.

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I really didn't want to commit more than 10M per on any player, aside from maaaaaybe Collins who I think is a better player.

We need a lot of people everywhere, and we just hand out big deals year in and year out. That's going to hurt our depth, and while Mathieu is a good player, not sure he's enough of difference maker.

better than what we have had the last few years.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Maybe. I think it definitely leaves LB in some form as our top need. Whether that's ILB or OLB depends on if we can get Hitchens back to his old form or not now that we're going back to his old formation.

It also depends on what we do with Ford. If we do actually trade Ford, or honestly even if we intend to move on from him next year, edge rusher might be a suddenly huge hole.

Could use a CB still. Unless we bring back Nelson.

I think we still more or less should go BPA on D.

BPA/needs  so ILB, CB, Center, Guard, OT  depends on ford OLB could be in there as well.  What is hard is we have a lot of not new players that might fit better in the new system.  I am hoping we are in better shape than what it appears to be....

12 hours ago, valkrei said:

So ILB pick 1?

We still need an extra S especially if we get rid of Eric Berry. I guess it all depends on who is available at our pick at 29 or if anyone is dropping. For example, if Devin White is available around pick 16, I would trade up for him.

Per roto:

Chiefs agreed to terms with LB Damien Wilson, formerly of the Cowboys, on a one-year contract.

Wilson was a part-time player in Dallas, but the Chiefs will take a chance on him since he's only 25 years old. Across four seasons, Wilson has made 103 combined tackles and 2.5 sacks. If he doesn't improve, the former fourth-rounder still provides experience on special teams, but he is expected to receive opportunities to make a name for himself as a linebacker.

5 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Dee Ford for a 2020 2nd rounder.

I hate that it isn’t for this year, their 2nd next year is going to be mid-round. This year it’s basically a 1st.

Also, for someone smarter than me, what does this do for our cap space?

It free up whatever the tag amount was. So like 17-18 million more now

32 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Call me crazy but I don't understand how getting rid of Houston AND Ford made our defense better. They were two of the three best parts of it.

I get Houston. That makes sense. Cost v Production and all that. 

Ford is a little bothersome though, especially for a fan of the team that just acquired him. Like, why were the chiefs so willing to trade him if he's legitimate? That doesn't make any sense. Great pass rushers are one of the most important positions in the game, and usually when you have good ones, you don't let them go. So why did the chiefs let this one go, I have to wonder? It almost comes off like a BB move where he's just outsmarting everyone.