Free Agency

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

One of the things I like most about Veach is he will do whatever it takes to get the guy he wants.

Given the crazy levels of defensive talent, specifically d-line, in this draft. Im fairly confident that we can plug most of our needs. If a player we really love starts falling, we have the ammo to move up and get them. I like our position going into draft season.

• Like 1

O.o

The Record's Art Stapleton is "hearing rumors" the Browns may be "making a play" to try and get S Eric Berry from the Chiefs.

Stapleton is a Giants beat writer, so take this with a massive grain of salt. But the connection is there with GM John Dorsey knowing Berry from their time together in Kansas City, and Dorsey was the one who handed Berry his record-setting contract. Berry, though, is not the same player anymore after Achilles' issues and has played three games since the start of the 2017 campaign. The Chiefs are expected to rid themselves of Berry after signing Tyrann Mathieu.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

O.o

The Record's Art Stapleton is "hearing rumors" the Browns may be "making a play" to try and get S Eric Berry from the Chiefs.

Stapleton is a Giants beat writer, so take this with a massive grain of salt. But the connection is there with GM John Dorsey knowing Berry from their time together in Kansas City, and Dorsey was the one who handed Berry his record-setting contract. Berry, though, is not the same player anymore after Achilles' issues and has played three games since the start of the 2017 campaign. The Chiefs are expected to rid themselves of Berry after signing Tyrann Mathieu.

Yes do it! Trade him if we get the chance.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

One of the things I like most about Veach is he will do whatever it takes to get the guy he wants.

It's one of the things I dislike the most about him, especially since he hasn't really hit on any of those targets so far.

And don't tell me Mahomes. As far as I know Dorsey was the GM then

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

It's one of the things I dislike the most about him, especially since he hasn't really hit on any of those targets so far.

And don't tell me Mahomes. As far as I know Dorsey was the GM then

I just like that he's willing to target a guy unlike some of our old regimes who are content with not going the extra mile. I think our last draft class is going to pick up some of the slack this year. Ward is another guy who I really like and I was pretty surprised we traded Parker Ehinger for him.

Now you got my attention

33 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Something to ponder:

Aaaand you just lost it

Seriously, would LOVE Darby signing. Would give us a potential #1 corner, and honestly, I think he's the only one in the market. Ogbah on a trade? Yikes

I just like that he's willing to target a guy unlike some of our old regimes who are content with not going the extra mile. I think our last draft class is going to pick up some of the slack this year. Ward is another guy who I really like and I was pretty surprised we traded Parker Ehinger for him.

I think the best teams sit tight, and take whoever is best with the resources they can. Trading up/signing big money FA rarely works out for teams. Except, of course, if you're going for a QB, in which case yeah, do whatever it takes.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

Now you got my attention

Aaaand you just lost it

Seriously, would LOVE Darby signing. Would give us a potential #1 corner, and honestly, I think he's the only one in the market. Ogbah on a trade? Yikes

Lol oh believe me buddy, I'm just the messenger...DONT SHOOT! 😎