Free Agency

TedLavie

CB Bashaud Breeland signing with the Chiefs, one year deal.

He didn't want to join the team on a one year deal last year, signed with Green Bay instead (880k$), played limited snaps. Not sure what to make out of this. Probably not more than veteran insurance/3rd CB at this point.

Update:

Edited by KC_Guy

54 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

CB Bashaud Breeland signing with the Chiefs, one year deal.

He didn't want to join the team on a one year deal last year, signed with Green Bay instead (880k$), played limited snaps. Not sure what to make out of this. Probably not more than veteran insurance/3rd CB at this point.

Update:

that's a good signing. most GB fans were expecting him back. he can be a low-end starter. maybe even solid starter. 

I like this signing. I start to like our secondary. We need more depth players, but with Fuller, Breeland and Ward the corners are set. Mathieu as a swiss-knife for every position in the secondary and Sorensen/Lucas/Watts seems to be decent enough for the 2nd safety spot. Add Smith as CB depth and probably a minimum of 2 draft picks and the secondary should be fine.

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I'm getting the feeling KC is gonna load up on some Offense in the draft. These signings aren't that great, but they could be enough to halt Defensive disasters. Improving the Oline and getting a RB and WR's could be the objective.

I'm down. The defense doesn't have to be spectacular, they just need to scheme properly and not allow time draining drives every possession. That way they offense can put up a 40 spot every game and cruise.

5 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I'm getting the feeling KC is gonna load up on some Offense in the draft. These signings aren't that great, but they could be enough to halt Defensive disasters. Improving the Oline and getting a RB and WR's could be the objective.

I dunno. My expectation is that the draft will be used to sure up the front 7. Our front 7 signings are making backup/rotation money. Mathieu and Breeland are the only guys we've signed that are really making starter money. I feel like Okafor and Wilson are depth signings in case the draft doesn't fall as we expect, but I think the plan will be an edge high and a LBer in the mid rounds.

WR, RB, and OL would all not surprise me at some point. Seems we almost always draft a developmental OL guy late. But I don't think we go with any of those with our top pick. I think they already have a guy in mind at edge or LB.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I think they already have a guy in mind at edge or LB.

I'm betting CB at this point. That's one that we haven't signed a great FA for, but is a huge need. See my last post in "on the clock" for a slightly imbalanced offensive draft with trades (6/11 picks offense).

Edited by mayanfootball