Some stuff bout to go down?

mistakey

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah when was the last time a HOF wr impacted a team to superbowl victory. 

Moss na

Owen's na

Calvin Johnson, not even close. 

Marvin Harrison is the last HOf calibre wr to win a superbowl.

Give me a defender not a wr who hasn't played well since like 2016. 

Ah yes because those guys were the ones holding back their teams. Obviously they would have done so much better worth it them..

such a stupid argument. Just because it doesn’t happen often doesn’t mean we shouldn’t add a hall of famer in their prime. And to get to the super bowl you have to make the playoffs first. Can’t tell me OBJ wouldn’t help us with that. 

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

such a stupid argument. Just because it doesn’t happen often doesn’t mean we shouldn’t add a hall of famer in their prime. And to get to the super bowl you have to make the playoffs first. Can’t tell me OBJ wouldn’t help us with that. 

Not so stupid, or at least history so suggests.

We are not near going all in.

If we were this might be the kind of piece we want.

But we are not and so he isn't.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

We're going all in and this is the year.

29 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Moss na

Owen's na

OBJ is not my preferred option with #17 either but lets be honest here. None of those WRs played with Baker Mayfield either. Advantage OBJ.

The logical part of me would be against trading for OBJ, assuming it takes at least our first round pick. It wouldn't be ideal to give up a first round pick along with taking on a big contract, when we have other needs and since OBJ has shown to be a bit of a prima donna who has had injury concerns.

But I can't lie. The thought of Baker to OBJ makes me feel a certain way in certain places... 

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Since when would the 17th pick in the draft be going all in?

53 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Moss na

Owen's na

OBJ hasnt played well since '16? He had only 1000+ yards and 6TDS this season. If thats not well, I dont want to hear what your expectations are for a "well" season. Yeah he missed '17 season because of an ankle injury he suffered from a Browns player. 

So major WRs havent won a superbowl prolly since manning. Well a #1 overall pick QB not named Manning hasnt won a superbowl since '98, better trade Baker.

Also was it Julio's fault his team blew that big of a lead. 

Also you look at the Giants in '11, they had two major stud WRs that year. Cruz was a big reason

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Ah yes because those guys were the ones holding back their teams. Obviously they would have done so much better worth it them..

My argument is based on history and scarcity of resources. 

our resources are finite. Id sooner have a 1st rounder for an affordable 5 years, than OBJ for a very expensive 4 years. 

Also Baker doesn't need an alll star WR, Id sooner invest in a defense and offensive line. 

56 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes also head case who has proven to become a team distraction when he doesnt get the ball like T.O. and has missed 24 games in 5 years due to injury with only 1 full season under his belt.

Im not saying he isnt a beast, but I would rather spend a 1st/3rd and give 20mill a year to a defensive player who can impact the game on every snap like Mack did over a WR who will catch 3-6 passes per game. If anything, its more of a position bias.

The only WR in the NFL I would even entertain giving that pick comp + money to would be Deandre Hopkins.

How does Mack make an implant on the game every snap?

im setting up my next statement but I just want to hear your answer on this. 

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

OBJ hasnt played well since '16? He had only 1000+ yards and 6TDS this season. If thats not well, than I dont want to hear what your expectations are for a "well" season. Yeah he missed '17 season because of an ankle injury he suffered from a Browns player. 

He wasnt that good last year, he certainly didn't look like 95 million or worth trading a 1st for.  He also sucked in his only play off game. I want to win playoff games. 

So major WRs havent won a superbowl prolly since manning. Well a #1 overall pick QB not named Manning hasnt won a superbowl since '98, better trade Baker.

Good QBs have won the superbowl, that is the correct line of thinking. 

Also was it Julio's fault his team blew that big of a lead. 

Also you look at the Giants in '11, they had two major stud WRs that year. Cruz was a big reason

Juio didnt have a huge impact on the game, less than 100 yards not many targets. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

My argument is based on history and scarcity of resources. 

our resources are finite. Id sooner have a 1st rounder for an affordable 5 years, than OBJ for a very expensive 4 years. 

Also Baker doesn't need an alll star WR, Id sooner invest in a defense and offensive line. 

Baker doesn’t need an all star WR? OBJ bouncing the ball of his face mask vs the Ravens too?

Archived