Post Combine Mock

Just Want A Title

This combine made it really hard to put together a mock draft.  Still, I figured I would give it a shot.

Free Agents

BJ Finney G:  A back-up to Ramon Foster and David DeCastro is probably better than Kenny Wiggins

CJ Uzomah TE:  A versatile TE because I don't think Michael Roberts will make it through another training camp

Nick Boyle TE:  Strictly a blocking TE

Steven Nelson CB:  A solid #2 CB to settle down our secondary

Mike Davis RB:  Not counting on getting Zack Zenner back

Rd 1:  Rashan Gary DE--Insanely fast and athletic.  He should thrive out on the edge

RD 2:  Irv Smith TE--Another TE to go along with Boyle and Uzomah

Rd 3: Justice Hill RB--A fast, play-making RB to compliment Mike Davis and Kerryon Johnson

Rd 4: David Long CB--A solid slot CB who has the physical talent to develop into more

Rd 5: Oli Udoh G/T--He already has NFL size but the jump from the Elon is too much to be taken higher

Rd 6:  Gary Johnson LB:  Should be a special teams demon

Rd 6:  Kyle Shurmur QB:  A QB with good size to push Stafford

Thoughts?

No thank you, I've said it multiple times and I'm sticking with it regardless of his combine performance... Gary is not worth a top 10 pick. He relied strictly on his athleticism in college and even then was inconsistent... That won't fly in the NFL. Is it possible he develops his technique and becomes a beast? Absolutely... But it's not a gamble I want to take with the 8th overall pick, to me you don't pick a guy that high that doesn't already show high level skill and technique that will translate to the NFL and Gary has never shown that at Michigan. 

When it comes to Michigan defenders I'd rather have Winovich in the 2nd round (most people seem to think he'll be there despite the great combine he had) than take Gary at 8.

As a Michigan fan I'd love to see Gary develop and reach his potential...I just don't want the Lions to be the team that takes the risk.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:39 AM, rob_shadows said:

No thank you, I've said it multiple times and I'm sticking with it regardless of his combine performance... Gary is not worth a top 10 pick. He relied strictly on his athleticism in college and even then was inconsistent... That won't fly in the NFL. Is it possible he develops his technique and becomes a beast? Absolutely... But it's not a gamble I want to take with the 8th overall pick, to me you don't pick a guy that high that doesn't already show high level skill and technique that will translate to the NFL and Gary has never shown that at Michigan. 

When it comes to Michigan defenders I'd rather have Winovich in the 2nd round (most people seem to think he'll be there despite the great combine he had) than take Gary at 8.

As a Michigan fan I'd love to see Gary develop and reach his potential...I just don't want the Lions to be the team that takes the risk.

I’ve got to say I agree with you. I have t watch that much of him but what I’ve seen I see Solomon Thomas and I was not high on him either. 

On 3/5/2019 at 7:00 PM, Just Want A Title said:

Rd 1:  Rashan Gary DE--Insanely fast and athletic.  He should thrive out on the edge

Thoughts?

He was even more insanely fast and athletic by comparison in college, and didn't exactly thrive there. Why would he in the NFL where everyone is insanely fast and athletic?

On 3/6/2019 at 4:39 AM, rob_shadows said:

The amount of hate Gary gets from Lions fans is insane to me. He is a beast in the run game, has pass rushing ability, and can rush from the outside and inside. Gary is a perfect fit for MP defense. I would much rather Gary than Sweat, and Burns who Lions fans love.

Archived