Ahmad Brooks visiting Packers

MacReady

Just now, EdMathews said:

Is there any reason in the world you wouldn't sign a guy of Brookes talent and go with UDFA's? Money can't be that outrageous. 

Only reason I can think of is if he wants more years than we're willing to sign him for or if he wants guaranteed playing time or something.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Ted has either learned some new tricks, or is really just an advisor for the acting heir. 

Either way this needs to get done.

I couldn't help but chuckle because I think just yesterday you brought Brooks up IIRC.

I think everyone knows this needs to happen.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I couldn't help but chuckle because I think just yesterday you brought Brooks up IIRC.

I think everyone knows this needs to happen.

I was canned last night heading to sleep and was thinking Brooks needs to happen.

It really needs to happen.

This at least shows that the GB front office recognizes the situation at OLB.  Whether Brooks signs with GB is another matter, takes 2 to get a deal done.  Would think that the shot at another Super Bowl would be enticing, but certainly NE, Dal, Seattle, ATL, Pit among others will give him a look as well.  Veteran pass rushers are often in demand

@MikeKlis

2017-08-27 18:19 UTC

Can't imagine Broncos have interest. Lot of baggage here with Brooks still dealing with sexaul battery case. #9sports https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/901866365765681156

@NickiJhabvala

LB Ahmad Brooks to visit Packers on Tues., per source. Told Broncos on the shortlist of teams he's very interested in. No visit scheduled

The Packers believe veteran OLB Ahmad Brooks has another productive season left in him, a source said confirming the news of his visit – which was first reported by NFL Network.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

So if they believe he has another productive season left and they're bringing him in for a visit, not sure how they'd let him leave without getting a deal done.

12 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

@MikeKlis

Can't imagine Broncos have interest. Lot of baggage here with Brooks still dealing with sexaul battery case. #9sports https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/901866365765681156

@NickiJhabvala

LB Ahmad Brooks to visit Packers on Tues., per source. Told Broncos on the shortlist of teams he's very interested in. No visit scheduled

Forgot about the sexual battery case.

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

The Packers believe veteran OLB Ahmad Brooks has another productive season left in him, a source said confirming the news of his visit – which was first reported by NFL Network.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

So if they believe he has another productive season left and they're bringing him in for a visit, not sure how they'd let him leave without getting a deal done.

You're just setting me up for disappointment lol.

But all signs look good so far?

So you're telling me I have to wait until Tuesday to know? 

Also, how likely is this sexual assault thing to be true?  Anyone know any details?  Can't say I'd be thrilled if we added him if he sexually assaulted somebody. 

Archived