Ahmad Brooks visiting Packers

MacReady

54 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You're just setting me up for disappointment lol.

But all signs look good so far?

Nothing is official until it is but beat writers sure seem to be implying that this is likely to happen with the stuff they're saying

17 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

So you're telling me I have to wait until Tuesday to know? 

Also, how likely is this sexual assault thing to be true?  Anyone know any details?  Can't say I'd be thrilled if we added him if he sexually assaulted somebody. 

IDK what the latest is on the case. It was from over 2 years ago fwiw but I guess the case is still open. Here's the story on it from 2 years ago

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/30/ahmad-brooks-pleads-not-guilty-sexual-battery-case-san-francisco-49ers

And here is the story about the Niners releasing him from a few days ago that mentions that the case is still open

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Report-49ers-plan-to-release-Ahamd-Brooks-11958960.php

In 2015, Brooks was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery by the Santa Clara district attorney’s office and that case remains open. In 2013, Brooks wasn’t charged after he allegedly hit then-teammate Lamar Divens in the head three times with a beer bottle. In 2008, Brooks, then with the Bengals, was accused of punching a woman in the face and accepted mediation on the charges.

11 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

No and since it's been 2 years the likely-hood of a suspension is slim. The main point is that the case is still open(apparently) so any sort of new development could lead to the NFL acting on it and hitting him with a suspension.

Yeah, the NFL loves their authoritarian leeway.

I will feel a helluva lot better with Brooks in the fold. 

Another backup swing linemen might be worth a future 5th or 6th, too.

Even if a deal with Brooks can't be made, there should be some decent LBs cut when teams finally trim their rosters.  It would be nice to get one now though so he gets more practice time in before the season starts.

Just now, Revel8 said:

Even if a deal with Brooks can't be made, there should be some decent LBs cut when teams finally trim their rosters.  It would be nice to get one now though so he gets more practice time in before the season starts.

Yes, and that's why I'm so excited about us bringing Brooks in for a visit.  It's just indicative to me that Thompson isn't going to do the whole, "Confident with our roster" all damn season this year.  Other than James Jones, I can't think of a single remotely recognizable name Thompson has brought in after the start of preseason.  The fact we're bringing Brooks in and what Matthews said and what Rodgers has said after last season and on suggests to me that people are sick of Thompson's stubbornness, and that Thompson is being forced to listen more. 

The reason I'm so happy is, even if we don't sign Brooks, we'll still be taking a look at pass rushers who become available.  That's huge. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yes, and that's why I'm so excited about us bringing Brooks in for a visit.  It's just indicative to me that Thompson isn't going to do the whole, "Confident with our roster" all damn season this year.  Other than James Jones, I can't think of a single remotely recognizable name Thompson has brought in after the start of preseason.  The fact we're bringing Brooks in and what Matthews said and what Rodgers has said after last season and on suggests to me that people are sick of Thompson's stubbornness, and that Thompson is being forced to listen more. 

The reason I'm so happy is, even if we don't sign Brooks, we'll still be taking a look at pass rushers who become available.  That's huge. 

Nah this is all a ploy to get Clay to take a paycut lol. Could you imagine?

Just throwing out any name that got playing time here. Anthony Smith, Ryan Grant..Howard Green..Erik Walden lol. Does Schum count as recognizable lol

4 hours ago, Revel8 said:

Now someone make a "Notable roster bubble guys for your team" thread in the general so we can find out who they might be.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Nah this is all a ploy to get Clay to take a paycut lol. Could you imagine?

Just throwing out any name that got playing time here. Anthony Smith, Ryan Grant..Howard Green..Erik Walden lol. Does Schum count as recognizable lol

Ryan Grant was a trade.  Green was a waiver claim.  Anthony Smith was signed in March, released in September (then we traded for him oddly enough).  I guess Walden legit fits. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Ryan Grant was a trade.  Green was a waiver claim.  Anthony Smith was signed in March, released in September (then we traded for him oddly enough).  I guess Walden legit fits. 

You're a doofus. You said brought in. Not signed off the street. I'll fight you.

I assumed you meant by any means.

8 hours ago, CentralFC said:

Yeah, the NFL loves their authoritarian leeway.

I will feel a helluva lot better with Brooks in the fold. 

Another backup swing linemen might be worth a future 5th or 6th, too.

Interior guy? 

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Wonder if the possible Brooks signing is an indication on the situation with Biegel?  If Biegel starts on PUP, he is out for at least 6 weeks, that would leave the OLB group really thin

Stop scaring us. First it was Perry is hurt bad now this haha.

It's certainly possible but Brooks was just certainly on the street so it might just be a guy they liked actually came available.

Archived