Who gets drafted higher/lower than expected?

SmittyBacall

Seemingly every year a few surprise prospects get drafted earlier or later than their projected draft slot. Seattle is a team notorious for this. Think of guys like Rashad Penny in 2018, or Bruce Irvin in 2012. In 2017 we had Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and Hasaan Reddick go higher than expected. In 2016 it was Karl Joseph. Derwin James was a projected top 10 pick before he slid all the way to 17 in 2018. You get the idea. 

Who are this years candidates? I'll post mine some time later this week. But I have some names in mind (Tillery, Burns).

Also, you don't have to limit yourself to the first round.

I think there's a real chance Joshua Jacobs goes a lot lower than some in the media have him.  By my count the number of teams that have "RB" at or near the top of their positions of need is small, and the strength of the FA class is at RB.  Lot of media people have him graded in the top 10 but I could see him go in the 30s.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I just don't understand/personally see the big deal about Drew Lock. I don't see him as a first rounder at all to be honest. His footwork is horrendous and his throwing motion is inconsistent. 

JMHO

You aren’t wrong 

23 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think there's a real chance Joshua Jacobs goes a lot lower than some in the media have him.  By my count the number of teams that have "RB" at or near the top of their positions of need is small, and the strength of the FA class is at RB.  Lot of media people have him graded in the top 10 but I could see him go in the 30s.

Top 10? He has a 0% chance to go in the top 10. I'd be surprised if he was taken in the 30's and I actually have him as the RB1 in this class. He's not special in any category, which will drop him...and rightfully so.

45 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

To who? Over Clellin Ferrell?

I think it's possible. Considering how well Burns tested at the combine and how teams prioritize his position at the top of the draft. It wouldn't surprise me if he was neck and neck with Sweat and Ferrell. At that point it's just preference.

1. ARI - Kyler Murray

2. SF - Nick Bosa

3. NYG - Dwayne Haskins

4. OAK - Quinnen WIlliams

5. TB - Josh Allen

6. NYJ - EDGE? Metcalf? Tackle?

Edited by SmittyBacall

Devin Bush is expected to go late first/early second. I think he could go much earlier than that though - he was named Big Ten LB and defensive POTY. I expect him to go in the top 20, although i would not at all be annoyed if he's available for the Rams to pick up.