Who gets drafted higher/lower than expected?

SmittyBacall

13 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

How do you figure that?

49ers seem locked on Bosa

Jets would likely got Allen

Raiders go Haskins or EDGE(they had like 6 sacks last year) but they should go QWill here even after investing in DTs last year 

Bucs- So he could here but I think Devin White fills a major need and HUGE hole they have at MLB. 

Giants- I won’t even pretend to know what they’ll do. 

So yeah QWill is the #1 prospect and could end up outside the top potentially. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bucs- So he could here but I think Devin White fills a major need and HUGE hole they have at MLB. 

With all the talk of them trading/cutting McCoy, I doubt they would pass on QWill. The others I can get behind/understand the reasoning

15 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Raiders go Haskins or EDGE(they had like 6 sacks last year) but they should go QWill here even after investing in DTs last year 

I really don't see it. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets viewed him as the superior prospect to Allen and took him at 3. Same with Oakland. They'd be foolish to pass on Williams. He's the superior prospect and can produce more pressure than any EDGE player available at 4. Same thing with the Bucs, who are trying to offload Gerald McCoy's contract at the moment and need a replacement.

It could happen, but the teams in the top 5 would be foolish to pass arguably the drafts best prospect by filling for need. The best chance at him sliding that far would mean Haskins and/or Lock get taken top 5. But I doubt that, too.

11 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I really don't see it. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets viewed him as the superior prospect to Allen and took him at 3. Same with Oakland. They'd be foolish to pass on Williams. He's the superior prospect and can produce more pressure than any EDGE player available at 4. Same thing with the Bucs, who are trying to offload Gerald McCoy's contract at the moment and need a replacement.

It could happen, but the teams in the top 5 would be foolish to pass arguably the drafts best prospect by filling for need. The best chance at him sliding that far would mean Haskins and/or Lock get taken top 5. But I doubt that, too.

Same reason the 49ers are passing on him is the same reasons the Jets/Raiders could. Bucs are probably his floor unless White is their guy. 

Trust me I believe he’s the best player, the draft typically has a shocker in the top 5, I think this is it.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Same reason the 49ers are passing on him

That isn't completely certain just yet. 

If it could happen to Leonard Williams, I suppose it could happen to Quinnen Williams. Though I still very much doubt it.

I think it goes...

1. ARI - Kyler Murray

2. SF - Nick Bosa

3. NYJ - Josh Allen

4. OAK - Quinnen Williams

On 4/11/2019 at 10:52 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

A few things.  49ers aren't locked on Bosa, and the rumblings of Quinnen Williams going to San Francisco seem to be getting stronger by the day.  Plus, it was the week leading up tot he draft last year that we started to hear McGlinchey to the Niners as well.  Jets probably still shopping that pick.  Raiders aren't taking Haskins over QW, and probably the only player they'd take over QW is Bosa.  Even then, he's not getting past Tampa Bay at 5.  That's his absolute floor IMO.  But he's more likely to go 2 or 4.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

A few things.  49ers aren't locked on Bosa, and the rumblings of Quinnen Williams going to San Francisco seem to be getting stronger by the day.  Plus, it was the week leading up tot he draft last year that we started to hear McGlinchey to the Niners as well.  Jets probably still shopping that pick.  Raiders aren't taking Haskins over QW, and probably the only player they'd take over QW is Bosa.  Even then, he's not getting past Tampa Bay at 5.  That's his absolute floor IMO.  But he's more likely to go 2 or 4.

You really think the 49ers go with QWill? I personally think they should but they’ve always seemed locked on Bosa no matter what from the moment Jimmy G went down.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

You really think the 49ers go with QWill? I personally think they should but they’ve always seemed locked on Bosa no matter what from the moment Jimmy G went down.

I think @Forge was the one who mentioned it that Bosa doesn't have a clear fit in San Francisco's defense.  And we've only got 2 years of history with Lynch/Shanahan, but the first pick from the last two year's draft were used on lineman.  In 2017, they took Solomon Thomas and last year took Mike McGlinchey.  It'll be interesting to see if that continues this year.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think @Forge was the one who mentioned it that Bosa doesn't have a clear fit in San Francisco's defense.  And we've only got 2 years of history with Lynch/Shanahan, but the first pick from the last two year's draft were used on lineman.  In 2017, they took Solomon Thomas and last year took Mike McGlinchey.  It'll be interesting to see if that continues this year.

But the 9ers have since discovered that while Thomas is good vs the run on the outside, he is not a rusher from the outside. He is much more effective inside...which is where QW would play if chosen. We have exactly one outside rusher in Dee Ford...that is it. I don't think there would be any issue with Bosa being on the other side. However, I would rather trade down and take Montez Sweat, who may be a very good fit for our Wide 9 alignments...but, the deals have to be there in order to trade down.

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

But the 9ers have since discovered that while Thomas is good vs the run on the outside, he is not a rusher from the outside. He is much more effective inside...which is where QW would play if chosen. We have exactly one outside rusher in Dee Ford...that is it. I don't think there would be any issue with Bosa being on the other side. However, I would rather trade down and take Montez Sweat, who may be a very good fit for our Wide 9 alignments...but, the deals have to be there in order to trade down.

I mean, I think there's a strong desire to trade down from the Niners (and most teams that are drafting high), but teams are reluctant to give up what the Niners would need to move  down for.  Look at the last few years, how many teams have traded into the top 5 that weren't dealing for their QBOTF.  The last time we saw a team trade into the top 5 pick was when the Bills traded up for Sammy Watkins in 2014.  You had the Dion Jordan trade in 2013 before that.  That's 2 trades in 6 years.  I just don't see teams ponying up what the Niners would want to move down.  I mean, if the Niners were willing to do 12 and 44 for 2, I'd be hard pressed to turn that down.  But I don't think San Francisco is that desperate to trade down.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I said that and was told Thomas will be shifting inside. 

They said Bosa/Ford will be on the edge opposite one another.