Who gets drafted higher/lower than expected?

SmittyBacall

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

But the 9ers have since discovered that while Thomas is good vs the run on the outside, he is not a rusher from the outside. He is much more effective inside...which is where QW would play if chosen. We have exactly one outside rusher in Dee Ford...that is it. I don't think there would be any issue with Bosa being on the other side. However, I would rather trade down and take Montez Sweat, who may be a very good fit for our Wide 9 alignments...but, the deals have to be there in order to trade down.

But then youd have two wide-9 LEOs in Ford and Sweat

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah another issue, some fans want Allen for this reason because you can move him from leo to Sam. 

Well Ford can do that too.

Hed actually fit very well and he rushes better from the offensive right side anyways.

His Run D really isnt as bad as advertised. Its not great but should be okay.

15 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well Ford can do that too.

Hed actually fit very well and he rushes better from the offensive right side anyways.

His Run D really isnt as bad as advertised. Its not great but should be okay.

There's a reason KC was basically the worst run D of all time last year and Ford was a big part of that. 

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

There's a reason KC was basically the worst run D of all time last year and Ford was a big part of that. 

Eh he's gotten better at it but isn't great. Better than his rookie year anyways

I still think the DTs and TEs are going to go lower than expected.

Hockenson goes at 12, maybe, at the earliest.  Two first round tight ends.

Only 2 DTs in the top 10.  One in the top 5.

And why not?  One running back goes in the first.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Only 2 DTs in the top 10.  One in the top 5.

Williams is your top 5, and Oliver rounds out the other option?

What other DTs are people saying in top 10? I think I agree with you 

(Murray, Bosa, Williams, Allen, White, Oliver, Hock, Haskins, A tackle, maybe Lock, maybe sweat) 

So, agreed. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Williams is your top 5, and Oliver rounds out the other option?

What other DTs are people saying in top 10? I think I agree with you 

(Murray, Bosa, Williams, Allen, White, Oliver, Hock, Haskins, A tackle, maybe Lock, maybe sweat) 

So, agreed. 

I should have said DL.  I throw Gary in that group.  I've seen him and Wilkins in the top 10 sometimes.  I think all four will go a little lower than expected, just because of position.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Sweat may drop hard. Something medical related?

5 hours ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Flagged for a heart condition at the combine, but the doctors there cleared him to participate, so it's apparently low risk. Who knows though, teams are cautious

It's the same thing Maurice Hurst had last season, so he'll fall.  However, since Hurst did well, and Sweat is a stud pass rusher who absolutely blew the combine away, I don't see him slipping past 19.  He falls to the Titans and he's gone, and I seriously doubt he makes it that far.

Archived