Most dominant player you've seen in a steeler uniform?

Steelers22

With the AB trade quickly approaching, I was thinking about just how dominant he's been as a member of this organization.  I'm 29 years old so I haven't been watching forever but I don't think I've seen a more consistently dominant player on the Steelers than AB during his tenure.

My top 3:

1) AB--His consistency was what really amazed me.  Every week, regardless of opponent, he showed up.  It is really unfortunate how this whole saga has ended

2) James Harrison--When he was at his peak, almost nobody could stop him.  I was never a huge Harrison fan myself but he was an absolute monster

3) Polamalu--Probably my favorite Steeler of all time (Granted I'm a Steeler fan because I was obsessed with Kordell Stewart as a kid).  He certainly had his lapses but his consistent splash plays were pretty amazing to watch.

Honorable Mention: Ryan Shazier--My favorite Steeler during the past 5 years or so.  He was too aggressive for his own good at times but another player who always made splash plays.  I thought he was really fantastic.

Who were the most dominant Steeler players you've watched?

Man that's a tough question. I also think the Steelers are the hardest team to have to try and narrow it down. Off the top of my head (and aside for yours)...

-Dermontti "Dirt" Dawson

-Casey "Big Snack" Hampton

-"Big" Ben (only because I suffered through Malone, Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Kordell and Maddox)

-I could go on and on and on and on and.....

at their peaks(no order)

2014-17 AB

07-10 James Harrison

05-10 troy

HM: 04 James farrior, 01 Kendrell Bell and 16 Bell

wish I was old enough to watch peak Rod woodson(just thinking of steelers from my lifetime).. love watching his highlight films

Rod Woodson at his peak was insane. He had a strip sack in the end zone recovered for a td and a pick 6 to score 14 or our 17 points that game to beat the Kelly led bills. Think about that. Our cb outscored one of the best offenses in the league.

2 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Rod Woodson at his peak was insane. He had a strip sack in the end zone recovered for a td and a pick 6 to score 14 or our 17 points that game to beat the Kelly led bills. Think about that. Our cb outscored one of the best offenses in the league.

This. Rod had a couple seasons where he just dominated.

I can really only base is on 2000 and later. Iv watched some older games but not enough to really say who was the most dominating.

In no order my top 4 is James Harrison, Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu and Alan Faneca.

Pound for pound the most physically dominating player I ever seen is prime James Harrison. They didn’t call him Silverback for no reason.

I feel like Troy Polamalu had the biggest impact out of any of them. His instincts were unreal and he always seemed to come through when we needed it the most.

Archived