Browns are cutting Jamie Collins LB

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It's amazing that everyone but the Browns knew the Patriots were fleecing them.

Not really, at the time of the trade I remember a lot of people praising the Browns for getting a talent like that for a 3rd rounder. Don't let the last few seasons of Collins cloud your judgement, dude was a legitimate stud with the Patriots. 

22 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

I know we traded him away for sometimes free styling but maybe he's more coachable now? Wouldn't mind him coming back if the price is right. 

No. He's never in the right place and misses hella tackles. He's constantly getting nosey in gaps that aren't his own and it has costed us heavily. The Browns missed the playoffs because their linebackers don't know how to engage a blocker with their outside arm free or maintain any leverage for cutbacks. He was the biggest culprit and absolutely sucked this year. I was amazed at how many fundamental things he was incapable of doing.

22 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No. He's never in the right place and misses hella tackles. He's constantly getting nosey in gaps that aren't his own and it has costed us heavily. The Browns missed the playoffs because their linebackers don't know how to engage a blocker with their outside arm free or maintain any leverage for cutbacks. He was the biggest culprit and absolutely sucked this year. I was amazed at how many fundamental things he was incapable of doing.

^^^^

This is a good summation.

40 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I remember when all our fans said BB is an idiot for that mid season trade. Good times.

If you're going to bring that up, you should also note it was Patriot fans who not long before the trade was talking about how underrated Jamie Collins was.  Should be in the conversation for best LB in the NFL, can cover tight ends, can blitz with the best of them, is so versatile that it opens up the entire defense, should be in the running for defensive MVP, etc...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

If you're going to bring that up, you should also note it was Patriot fans who not long before the trade was talking about how underrated Jamie Collins was.  Should be in the conversation for best LB in the NFL, can cover tight ends, can blitz with the best of them, is so versatile that it opens up the entire defense, should be in the running for defensive MVP, etc...

get em Villain

Archived