Browns Go WR Shopping

OhioG

What happened to Duke in the slot?  Also didn't Saunders recently rave about all of the 2nd year WRs?  What we really need is one of those athletic TEs to have the light bulb come on.  Getting a WR this late in the game could be a disaster as he would have to learn our offense and playbook.

24 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

What happened to Duke in the slot?  Also didn't Saunders recently rave about all of the 2nd year WRs?  What we really need is one of those athletic TEs to have the light bulb come on.  Getting a WR this late in the game could be a disaster as he would have to learn our offense and playbook.

This season is all for moot. Its all about really getting this team ready for 2018. Getting one of those WRs would be huge for 2018 season. It allows the Browns to go into the 2018 and most important the 2018 off season with a WR core with a  #1 (Coleman), #2, (Landry???) and #3 WR (Britt). It would allow the Browns to do a lot of things and not have to sell out for a WR in the draft or off season.

Miami is in major need of a cornerback right now. Taylor has had a solid camp and pre-season, and had a really good season with us last year. BBC is making plays and seems to have a bright future for us. McCourty has fit in really well thus far, and made some plays pre-season. With the youth infusion at the position, as well as our front 7 playing so well and making the DB's jobs easier, Perhaps we move Haden there in addition to a draft pick for Landry.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Just sign Vincent Jackson or devin Hester. They may be old but they can still play in spot duty and we don't have to give anything up for them. 

I'd rather attempt to try and trade for one of those WRs.  This FO isn't a fan of one year type deals. Can't successfully build a team with rentals or players with no future. That's what jackson and Hester would be 

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

I'd rather attempt to try and trade for one of those WRs.  This FO isn't a fan of one year type deals. Can't successfully build a team with rentals or players with no future. That's what jackson and Hester would be 

I mean, they did it with mccourty..

sure id love to have Landry but not at the expense of a high pick. I'd rather get a one year rental and draft someone next year. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

SMH tho. Shoulda just gave Pryor what he wanted...or at least franchised him. We wouldn't be in this situation  

maybe we can sign him after this season. 

I mean, it's not like anyone else was looking to pay the guy...

I wouldn't mind moving a mid round pick or two for a competent 3rd/4th option, but I'm not interested in moving those first 5 picks.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, it's not like anyone else was looking to pay the guy...

I wouldn't mind moving a mid round pick or two for a competent 3rd/4th option, but I'm not interested in moving those first 5 picks.

Yeah, pretty much the same. I personally just wish the Browns would have Franchised Pryor with all of their cap space and promise that he showed last year with a horrendous QB situation and a swiss cheese OL in basically his first year as a WR. I know that no one else was banging down the door to sign him to a long term deal, but he's a lot better than Britt IMO and would have been in his 2nd year in this offensive system.

I hope we are able to gauge how good Kizer is all year this year, because aside from potentially Coleman (he could be great or horrendous, no one knows...he looked very good this weekend) and potentially Njoku (first year/rookie TE's are usually almost non contributors) and maybe Louis emerging (I'm not as optimistic as most on this) the lack of offensive weapons is alarming and a definite MUST to address sooner rather than later, even if "sooner" means draft/free agency of 2018.

Archived