Browns Go WR Shopping

OhioG

I wish we kept Pryor too hut we didn't if they saw him in the long term plans with him asking what they were comfortable paying him he would probably be here but they were not going to give him all the money he was asking for just because. If anything this front office has shown is they are adding players who fit their blueprint and they aren't going to overpay, he has had a little bit of a quiet camp as well and during the games has only caught 2 balls and dropped 3

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I mean, they did it with mccourty..

sure id love to have Landry but not at the expense of a high pick. I'd rather get a one year rental and draft someone next year. 

Mccourty signed a 2year deal and he also had a prior relationship with Greg Williams. you just look at the deals they have given out have all been multi year deals  they aren't to the point of giving out those one year deals. If the team was further a long and were a player or two away maybe they would but it seems at this point they want players who will grow and develop with the team  

I don't think they would have to give up a 1st or 2nd for a WR

I don't see why not tho. They are going to use a high pick at the moment on a WR next year, just go do it now so he can learn hues offense and build a relationship with kizer. 

4 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

If it could get it done I would give the dolphins one of our seconds for Jarvis Landry 

If we could get Landry for our second from Philly, that would be excellent.  He would be a great compliment to what we have.  Then, when Gordon comes back...

46 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

If it could get it done I would give the dolphins one of our seconds for Jarvis Landry 

Maybe, I would see if we could package a couple 3rd/4th rds to get him or offer a 3rd that could turn into a 2nd based on production

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

How did you feel about the Jamie Collins trade last year?

A 3rd round comp pick/4th round pick for a top 5ish LB on the final year of a deal seemed about right. It didn't seem like a great move for us because the risk probably isn't worth the reward (although he did resign so it worked out) for a team that is looking towards the future but I didn't have a problem with it.

I wouldn't trade a 2nd for a top 20 WR though without an extension. Maybe some years I'd give up a 4th or even a 3rd and maybe even next year but I don't think I'd give up much for a possible rental player in 2017. Heck, maybe we could have signed Collins prior to this season without trading for him last year but maybe not and in hindsight that was a great deal.If we trade a 2nd for Landry and he resigns that will be a good deal. If he doesn't we threw away a high draft pick for a 1 year rental in a year where we aren't likely competing for a playoff berth.

I think we should aim for Hurns and Dorset. Get both and see who pans out. I think we could use Brock for a trade with the Colts. Then use a conditional pick for Hurns. Both are going with upside. They've showed they can ball out. Just not consistently. If we can bring them here and Saunders can work his majic. Like we did with Jamal Taylor. I think that would be the smartest move. One think I do know. Is we can't head into the season with the current group of playmakers we have at the WR position and believe we're giving Kizer the best chance to succeed 

Archived