Mini TCMD - Discussion Thread

ny92mike

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@Deadpulse

You have Bruce Irvin starting over Danielle Hunter in your depth chart? :|

Eh, I kinda just threw it together quick so I could use it to gauge my targets. Also the Vikings are not a team I pay super close attention to, so I didnt want to take the time to really look into it haha

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

missed it, I will switch it in a second

I am not going to be able to keep up with this pace, FYI, I have a lot going on IRL this weekend. 

Any thing we can do to help you out?

Are the 40 min. time slots the problem or the whole mock moving too fast?

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Mike got his end 

Took some finagling to make it happen.  His cap hit was too much so Miami extending his contract he doesn't lose anything and it dropped his base to a more managable number for me.  It cost a little more in draft pick value but I'm good with that.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Took some finagling to make it happen.  His cap hit was too much so Miami extending his contract he doesn't lose anything and it dropped his base to a more managable number for me.  It cost a little more in draft pick value but I'm good with that.

Nicely working the system. 

15 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Why do we wait until the 57th pick to bring this stuff up.

We started the mock out with the draft order that was pulled from one the the KC guys post.  It was a solid draft board at the time we pulled it.  Granted the conditional draft picks were not listed yet.

This is something we'll look at in the future because I just don't think it's right to go changing picks around this late in the mock.  Especially, only a few picks away from the 3rd round.  Teams have been planning their draft board according to what they've been shown for a few weeks now.  I know if someone was coming after my picks right now I'd be pissed.

If you wanna track down who currently owns these picks and see if they are willing to give them up cool.  I just don't agree with doing it this late in the game.  

To solve this next year, we'll need to postpone the actual draft until the official draft order is released.

For what it's worth, as the Jaguars part of this, i wouldn't be particularly concerned if people wanted to swap those picks around to "make them right".  Really just means i'd be picking like 4-5 picks later or whatever.  Odds are, i'm probably looking at more or less the same players there either way.  Not gonna radically affect my overall strategy at that point.  That's already gone off the rails from pick 7 after you left Haskins available for me anyway.  xD

But considering it also requires Carolina to be on board apparently, and opens a whole can of worms that makes even more work for you having to go in and move picks around for other conditional stuff as well probably, and hope nothing breaks...i understand just going with a, "it is what it is" approach now that we're so far into the whole thing.

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Nicely working the system. 

Right, the guidelines for this is pretty relax, but I wouldn't mind looking into this for the standard tcmd.  The dead money in that mock would play a role where this mock has none to account for.

16 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Right, the guidelines for this is pretty relax, but I wouldn't mind looking into this for the standard tcmd.  The dead money in that mock would play a role where this mock has none to account for.

I would take the cap hit or pay the roster bonus Tannehill irl style

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

@LuckyNumber11 Nice pick of Nelson.  Was hoping he would be in the late 3/early 4th.  

His frame fits better into the 3-4 DE spot than some of the other guys on the board right now. With signing Rucker and Margus Hunt and already having Nkemdiche, I was hoping to add a younger guy to rotate a little bit. I think Nelson’s frame and hands should translate well, just needs a bit more strength and explosiveness 

So Colts technically end the first four rounds of their draft which they had six picks in to start with. 

Dexter Lawrence

Devin Bush

Marquise Hollywood Brown

Tre Flowers

Tedric Thompson

Bradley McDougald

I’m happy with that 

Archived