Fan favorites who never play

Johnny Nix

Dylan Cole comes to mind, but part of that is due to injury. Same with D'Onta Foreman - similar issue, he's got an injury he's recovering from (tore his achilles in 2016).

Jordan Thomas and Jordan Akins most recent, but that has less to do with them, more to do with Ryan Griffin.

Ronald Blair comes to mind for the 49ers a bit. Always seems to play fairly well when he's in there, has some okay pass rushing efficiency metrics, but gets a bit lost in the shuffle behind all of those high draft picks. They did do a much better job about getting him in the rotation last year. 

Can't really think of one for the Colts fanbase but for me personally it's Kemoko Turay.  Earlier in the season he flashed great pass rush ability, but as the season wore on he saw the field less and less due to his struggles against the run.  We had a complete JAG with no upside getting most of the snaps.  That makes sense for run downs of course, but even in passing situations Turay played sparingly which was mind blowing to me.  The coaches must know something I don't because he is really our only guy with a real chance of getting quick pressure.

There was a lot of love for LBers Matthew Thomas and Ola Adeniyi going around this season. Thomas was dropped from the 53 man roster to the practice squad after Adeniyi returned from IR.

Thomas signed with the Ravens, so he’ll probably turn into a magnificent piece for them just to spite us Steeler fans. 😂

8 hours ago, Starless said:

Shawn Crable, the preseason All-Pro. lol

Damn, that’s a blast from the past lol.

Dude was a couple years behind me at a neighboring HS.  He may not have made it in the league, but he was a monster in HS, and we have a decent bit of talent in the area.

Zach Zenner

Every preseason he plays well, but for whatever reason, still gets buried on the depth chart in favor of bums like Theo Riddick, Ameer Abdullah, Blount, and pretty much anyone capable of tying their shoe laces (although Kerryon Johnson looked pretty decent). 

As Zenner rots away on the bench, these supposedly better players proceed to make the Lion's run game one of the league's laughing stocks.

Then somewhere around week 14 or 15, when the Lions are out of the playoff hunt, and half the team is injured, they begrudgingly throw Zenner out there, and lo and behold, they'll actually have a competent running game for a few weeks... 

then when training camp rolls around, Zenner goes back to being treated as a walk-on...

On 3/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, Master of Suspense said:

For me, it was any of Cutler’s backups from 2013-2016. I had grown tired of watching the same old **** with him and would rather have seen literally anyone else at QB. 

How ******* dare you

Archived