Ya' Can't Make Stuff Like This Up

soulman

Chicago Bears sign kicker Chris Blewitt

The Chicago Bears are going to look at all available options when it comes to their kicking situation this offseason. The team announced on Wednesday that they signed former Pitt kicker Chris Blewitt following a tryout.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Chris-Blewitt-Bears-kicker-signing-129790315/

So.....we cut Parkey then sign a PK named Blewitt?????  9_9xDxD

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

This was supposed to be a gif of Adam Sandler in billy Madison telling “YOU BLEW IT!”

...won’t post for some reason

hoQrHfB.gif

It was a valiant effort cbears 

56 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Sounds like a camp body to me lol. Everyone’s putting way too much thought into this meaningless signing although his last name and abysmal college stats are intriguing 

His name is what makes it noticeable.  When Blewitt follows Parkey's many failures I think the name alone is hilarious.

Going for volume with this position fits the Bears' needs.  Lotta low risk tries with high reward.  I really resent that we've spent so much time thinking about kickers, but we have, and something that's been said a lot that seems true is that many of the good kickers have been UDFA types and guys off the street.  This seems like getting a handful of dirt to pan for gold (ha!) rather than buying it in the store.  Fine by me. 

Gotta go out and find prospects somewhere but Blewitt last kicked in college in 2016 so I'm not expecting a whole lot.

I just know that if my name was Blewitt I'd have become an accountant or something.  Anything besides a PK.  LOL

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

Sounds like a camp body to me lol. Everyone’s putting way too much thought into this meaningless signing although his last name and abysmal college stats are intriguing 

This seems like a "Offseason rosters are 90 players, so let's get about 4 kickers and let them all battle it out" to me

Archived