Ravens re-sign TE Nick Boyle for 3 years

DreamKid

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

I wonder what those numbers are? Nonetheless, good signing by DeCosta. Loving his work thus far even though its extremely early.

Yea, I like it. Eric seems aggressive, and he's showing us what his vision for the team is. 

43 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yea, I like it. Eric seems aggressive, and he's showing us what his vision for the team is. 

Now I just need him to keep the energy when its comes to the offensive line. My personal highest priority this off-season. Why can't my QB sit back and each a sandwich behind his O-line like Thomas does? I want that, too! 

6 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Now I just need him to keep the energy when its comes to the offensive line. My personal highest priority this off-season. Why can't my QB sit back and each a sandwich behind his O-line like Thomas does? I want that, too! 

I'm with you, but I've given up all hope of them pursuing Paradis or going IOL high in the draft. Joe Hortiz seemed incredibly comfortable with our line and only referenced a routine later round addition in terms of our picks. I think this is Yanda's last year too. When he's gone our interior could look pretty scary, especially for Lamar.

27 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I'm with you, but I've given up all hope of them pursuing Paradis or going IOL high in the draft. Joe Hortiz seemed incredibly comfortable with our line and only referenced a routine later round addition in terms of our picks. I think this is Yanda's last year too. When he's gone our interior could look pretty scary, especially for Lamar.

We normally do well with mid-round picks across the line. I hope that trend continues or we'll be in big trouble as I agree, this is it for Yanda. And they say Boyle got 3 years, 18 million with 10 locked in.

Whoa!

I know I wanted to re-sign him and that he was apparently in demand, but I'm not sure that spending $6m/yr on a blocking TE the year after spending 2 high draft picks at the position is a smart use of cap space.  

Meh. The offense needs a blocker like Boyle, so I'm fine with it. What he does isn't going to depreciate over the next three years so the team will get their money's worth. Nick might get even better. Hopefully that's the end of investing in the tight end position for a while though. 

6 million a year? I guess as the cap goes up, so do contracts. He made some key blocks on scoring plays last year. Only 10 Mil in guarantees? Not bad at all. 

I'm assuming this is the announcement for 11am. Looking more and more like CJ is a goner. Hope not. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

14 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

6 million a year? I guess as the cap goes up, so do contracts. He made some key blocks on scoring plays last year. Only 10 Mil in guarantees? Not bad at all. 

I'm assuming this is the announcement for 11am. Looking more and more like CJ is a goner. Hope not. 

Yup, I look at it as: 6M a year when cap is 188M. ~3.1% of the cap for a guy who plays a ton of snaps for us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Yup, I look at it as: 6M a year when cap is 188M. ~3.1% of the cap for a guy who plays a ton of snaps for us.

As someone mentioned, he is basically a 6th lineman who plays special teams and even offers a little in the passing game. Also makes sure we can use Hurst and Andrews as much as pass catchers as needed. Essentially gives us a big boy package with 3 TE's on the field, 1 wide receiver and 1 runningback.